Kamrup Metropolitan district Information
Sub-Divisions in Kamrup Metropolitan district:
About Kamrup Metropolitan district:
Kamrup Metropolitan is a district in Assam state, India. The total area of the district is sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 1260419 living in houses, among them male population is 655630 and female population is 604789. Sex ratio of the district is 936 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 88.71%.
Kamrup Metropolitan district vehicle registration code is AS 01. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Kamrup Metropolitan.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- for connected load up to 5 KW - 1 to 120 units = Rs.4.95 per unit, 121 to 240 units = Rs.6.25 per unit, 241 and above units = Rs.7.25 per Unit
- for connected load more than 5 KW - 1 and above units = Rs.7.53 per unnit
Important Festivals of the district:
Bihu, Durga Puja, Eid ul-Fitr, Bwisagu, Bushu, Me-Dam-Me-Phi, Ali-Aye-Ligang, Rongker, Kherai, Garja, Awnkham Gwrlwi Janai, Chojun/Swarak, Sokk-erroi, Hacha-kekan, Hapsa Hatarnai, Porag, Bathow, Wangala are the major festivals celebrated in Kamrup Metropolitan district.
Kamrup Metropolitan Cuisine:
Apo (drink), Bora saul, Garcinia pedunculata, Jolpan, Khardwi, Ouu khatta, Paederia foetida, Panta bhat, Pitha, Posola, Sulai are few of the many varieties of Kamrup Metropolitan.
Top tourist places in Kamrup Metropolitan:
Places of interest in Kamrup Metropolitan:
Aswaklanta, Balaji Temple, Deepor Beel, Kamakhya Temple, Umananda Temple, Nabagraha, Gandhi Mandap, Srimanta Sankardeva Kalakshetra, State Zoo-cum-Botanical Garden, Guwahati Planetarium, Assam State Museum, Museum of Veterinary Science, Navagraha Temple, Nilachal Hill, Basistha temple, Digholi Pukhuri , are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Assam Tea, rice, rapeseed, mustard seed, jute, potato, sweet potato, banana, papaya, areca nut, sugarcane and turmeric are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Kamrup Metropolitan district:
Insurance Companies in Kamrup Metropolitan:
Lawyers (Advocates) in Kamrup Metropolitan:
Blood banks in Kamrup Metropolitan:
Trading companies in Kamrup Metropolitan:
Hotels in Kamrup Metropolitan:
- HOTEL MILLENNIUM , Dhanuka Complex - B, Sati Joymati Road, Athgaon, Guwahati, Assam 781001
- Hotel Highway Palace , National Highway 37, Kandura Mikir Path, Lalmati, Guwahati, Assam 781029
- Mayflower Hotel , MLN Road,, Pan Bazaar, Guwahati, Assam 781001
- Landmark Hotel , Nr. Nehru Stadium,, Dr B Borooah Rd, Ulubari, Guwahati, Assam 781007
Theatres in Kamrup Metropolitan district:
- Anuradha Cineplex - Bamachal Road,Bamunimaidan,Guwahati
- Apsara Cinema Hall -Guwahati Shillong Road, Manipuri Basti, Paltan Bazaar, Guwahati
- Choudhury Talkies - A T Road, Athgaon, Guwahati
- Fun Cinemas - Hub Mall,Bhangaghar,Guwahati
- Gold Cinema - S.S. Road,Lakhtokia,Guwahati
- Gold Cinema (Paltan Bazar) - ASTC Complex,Paltan Bazar,Guwahati
- Gold Digitech Theatre - LG Towers, Chandrapur Road, Narengi Tinali, Guwahati
- Kanakia Group - 5th Floor, Assam Trunk Road, Bhangagarh, Guwahati
- Meghdoot Cinema Hall - M D Shah Road, Paltan Bazaar, Guwahati
- Neptune Cinema Hall - National Highway 37, Basistha Chariali, Guwahati
- Pragjyoti Cinema - A T Road, Maligaon Chariali, Guwahati
- PVR (Dona Planet Mall) - Dona Planet Mall, 4th Floor, ABC Bus Stop, Bhangagarh, Guwahati
- Urvashi Cinema Hall - Dr J C Das Road, Fancy Bazaar, Guwahati
- Vandana Cinema Hall - Maniram Dewan Road, Noonmati, Guwahati
Sub-Division in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|3||Bank Of Maharashtra||1|
|4||Bharatiya Mahila Bank Limited||1|
|6||Central Bank Of India||3|
|9||ICICI Bank Limited||4|
|11||Indian Overseas Bank||4|
|13||ING Vysya Bank||1|
|14||Punjab And Sind Bank||3|
|15||United Bank Of India||2|