Araria district Information
C.D.Blocks in Araria district:
About Araria district:
Araria is a district in Bihar state, India. The total area of the district is 2,829 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 2806200 living in houses, among them male population is 1460878 and female population is 1345322. Sex ratio of the district is 921 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 53.53%.
Araria district vehicle registration code is BR 38. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Araria.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- Single Phase with connected load less than 7 kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
- Three Phase with connected load more than 5 KW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
Important Festivals of the district:
Dala Chhath, Deepawali (Diwali), Shravani Mela, Teej, Chitragupta Puja, Bihula-Bishari, Sonepur cattle fair, Saraswati Puja, Holi, Eid-ul-Fitr, Eid-ul-Adha, Muharram, Ram Navami, Rath yatra, Rakshabandhan, Maha Shivaratri, Durga Puja are the major festivals celebrated in Araria district.
Aloo gobi, Anarsa, Balushahi, Bhurta, Chaat, Chapati, Chinese bhel, Dahi vada, Dal, Gajar ka halwa, Ghugni, Gulab jamun, Handia, Kachori, Kheer, Mattar paneer, Okhlee, Pakora, Paratha, Rumali Roti, Saag, Sattu, Thekua, Tilkut, Vegetable tarkari are few of the many varieties of Araria.
Top tourist places in Araria:
Places of interest in Araria:
v.v.textile, durga mandir, sarai durga mandir, shiv mandir, kali mandir, kali mandir, metro talkies, metro talkies, uma talkies are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Rice, Wheat, Maize, turmeric, urad, moong, gram, peas, lentils, khesaria are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Araria district:
- Arariya Court
- Ikra Junction
Insurance Companies in Araria:
Lawyers (Advocates) in Araria:
Blood banks in Araria:
Trading companies in Araria:
Hotels in Araria:
- Hotel Jyoti Forbesganj,Ram Manohar Lohia Path, District Araria, Forbesganj, Bihar 854318
- Hotel Ever Green,NH 57, PHED Colony, Araria, Bihar 854311
- Hotel Jaiswal, National Highway 57, Rahika Tola, PHED Colony, Araria, Bihar 854312
- Hotel Diya International Pvt Ltd,Kharahiya Basti, Araria, Bihar 854311
Theatres in Araria district:
- Meera Talkies - Yadav Tola Road, Araria
- No One Picture Place - P.O-Kliyaganj, Baluakaliaganj
- Prem Talkies - Forbasegunj, Forbasegunj
- Star Picture Palace - Sisauna, Jokihat
C.D.Block in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|3||Bank Of Baroda||11|
|5||Central Bank Of India||8|
|8||ICICI Bank Limited||1|
|11||Indian Overseas Bank||1|
|12||Punjab National Bank||3|
|13||State Bank Of India||27|
|15||Union Bank Of India||3|
|16||United Bank Of India||2|