Arwal district Information
C.D.Blocks in Arwal district:
About Arwal district:
Arwal is a district in Bihar state, India. The total area of the district is 637 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 699563 living in houses, among them male population is 362945 and female population is 336618. Sex ratio of the district is 928 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 67.43%.
Arwal district vehicle registration code is BR 56. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Arwal.
Electricity board in Bihar:
- Regulatory Commission - Bihar Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Transmission Companies - Bihar State Power Transmission Company Ltd (BSPTC)
- Distribution Companies - North Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (NBPDC), South Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (SBPDC)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- Single Phase with connected load less than 7 kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
- Three Phase with connected load more than 5 KW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
Important Festivals of the district:
Dala Chhath, Deepawali (Diwali), Shravani Mela, Teej, Chitragupta Puja, Bihula-Bishari, Sonepur cattle fair, Saraswati Puja, Holi, Eid-ul-Fitr, Eid-ul-Adha, Muharram, Ram Navami, Rath yatra, Rakshabandhan, Maha Shivaratri, Durga Puja are the major festivals celebrated in Arwal district.
Aloo gobi, Anarsa, Balushahi, Bhurta, Chaat, Chapati, Chinese bhel, Dahi vada, Dal, Gajar ka halwa, Ghugni, Gulab jamun, Handia, Kachori, Kheer, Mattar paneer, Okhlee, Pakora, Paratha, Rumali Roti, Saag, Sattu, Thekua, Tilkut, Vegetable tarkari are few of the many varieties of Arwal.
Top tourist places in Arwal:
Places of interest in Arwal:
sapna cinema, barabar caves, palamu fort, mahavir temple, shiv temple, gyatri temple, gyatri mandir, aranya mandir, hanuman mandir, surya mandir, vishnu mandir, ular sun temple, kundeshwer mahadeo temple are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Rice, Wheat, Maize, turmeric, urad, moong, gram, peas, lentils, khesaria are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Arwal district:
Insurance Companies in Arwal:
Lawyers (Advocates) in Arwal:
Blood banks in Arwal:
Trading companies in Arwal:
Hotels in Arwal:
- Sudhan Singh Bhawan, National Highway 98, Arwal
Theatres in Arwal district:
- Sharda Plaza - Sipha, Arwal
C.D.Block in the district and their information is given below.
|Sonbhadra Banshi Suryapur||78,185||40,220||37,965|
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|2||Bank Of Baroda||1|
|3||Bank Of India||1|
|5||Central Bank Of India||1|
|6||Indian Overseas Bank||1|
|7||Punjab National Bank||1|
|8||State Bank Of India||3|
|10||Union Bank Of India||1|