Banka district Information
C.D.Blocks in Banka district:
About Banka district:
Banka is a district in Bihar state, India. The total area of the district is 3,018 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 2029339 living in houses, among them male population is 1064307 and female population is 965032. Sex ratio of the district is 907 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 58.17%.
Banka district vehicle registration code is BR 51. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Banka.
Electricity board in Bihar:
- Regulatory Commission - Bihar Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Transmission Companies - Bihar State Power Transmission Company Ltd (BSPTC)
- Distribution Companies - North Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (NBPDC), South Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (SBPDC)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- Single Phase with connected load less than 7 kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
- Three Phase with connected load more than 5 KW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
Important Festivals of the district:
Dala Chhath, Deepawali (Diwali), Shravani Mela, Teej, Chitragupta Puja, Bihula-Bishari, Sonepur cattle fair, Saraswati Puja, Holi, Eid-ul-Fitr, Eid-ul-Adha, Muharram, Ram Navami, Rath yatra, Rakshabandhan, Maha Shivaratri, Durga Puja are the major festivals celebrated in Banka district.
Aloo gobi, Anarsa, Balushahi, Bhurta, Chaat, Chapati, Chinese bhel, Dahi vada, Dal, Gajar ka halwa, Ghugni, Gulab jamun, Handia, Kachori, Kheer, Mattar paneer, Okhlee, Pakora, Paratha, Rumali Roti, Saag, Sattu, Thekua, Tilkut, Vegetable tarkari are few of the many varieties of Banka.
Top tourist places in Banka:
Places of interest in Banka:
mandar parwat are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Rice, Wheat, Maize, turmeric, urad, moong, gram, peas, lentils, khesaria are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Banka:
- Hotel Madhuwan Vihar, Vijaynagar, Circuit House Road, Banka, Bihar 813001
Theatres in Banka district:
- Ganesh Chitramandir - Dam Road, Bounsi
- Mahendra Talkies - Sakuntala Market, Banka
C.D.Block in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|3||Bank Of Baroda||1|
|4||Bank Of India||3|
|6||Central Bank Of India||3|
|8||ICICI Bank Limited||1|
|11||Indian Overseas Bank||1|
|12||Punjab National Bank||1|
|13||State Bank Of India||9|
|16||Union Bank Of India||1|
|17||United Bank Of India||3|