Begusarai district Information
C.D.Blocks in Begusarai district:
About Begusarai district:
Begusarai is a district in Bihar state, India. The total area of the district is 1,917 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 2954367 living in houses, among them male population is 1560203 and female population is 1394164. Sex ratio of the district is 895 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 63.87%.
Begusarai district vehicle registration code is BR 09. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Begusarai.
Electricity board in Bihar:
- Regulatory Commission - Bihar Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Transmission Companies - Bihar State Power Transmission Company Ltd (BSPTC)
- Distribution Companies - North Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (NBPDC), South Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (SBPDC)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- Single Phase with connected load less than 7 kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
- Three Phase with connected load more than 5 KW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
Important Festivals of the district:
Dala Chhath, Deepawali (Diwali), Shravani Mela, Teej, Chitragupta Puja, Bihula-Bishari, Sonepur cattle fair, Saraswati Puja, Holi, Eid-ul-Fitr, Eid-ul-Adha, Muharram, Ram Navami, Rath yatra, Rakshabandhan, Maha Shivaratri, Durga Puja are the major festivals celebrated in Begusarai district.
Aloo gobi, Anarsa, Balushahi, Bhurta, Chaat, Chapati, Chinese bhel, Dahi vada, Dal, Gajar ka halwa, Ghugni, Gulab jamun, Handia, Kachori, Kheer, Mattar paneer, Okhlee, Pakora, Paratha, Rumali Roti, Saag, Sattu, Thekua, Tilkut, Vegetable tarkari are few of the many varieties of Begusarai.
Top tourist places in Begusarai:
Places of interest in Begusarai:
savitri chitrapat, amardeep cinema hall, mata mandir, durga mandir, naulakha mandir, gyatri mandir, kali mandir, vishnu talkies, are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Rice, Wheat, Maize, turmeric, urad, moong, gram, peas, lentils, khesaria are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Begusarai:
- Hotel Kapson, In Front of Sri Krishna Indoor Stadium, Lohiyanagar, Begusarai, Bihar 851101
- HOTEL KDM PALACE, NH31, Vasant Vihar, Begusarai, Bihar 851101
- Sayonara Hotel, Near Railway Station, Near Bus Stand, NH-31, Begusarai, Bihar 851101
- HOTEL PARK INN , Rarjput Complex, GD College Road, Near GD college, Collegiate Road, Vasant Vihar, Begusarai, Bihar 851101
- Hotel Devi Darbar,NH 31, Zero Mile, Barauni, Bihat, Begusarai, Bihar 851135
- Hotel Anand,Dakbanglaw Road, (nr Mahila collage), Begusarai, Bihar 851101
- Hotel Radha Swami, Station Rd, Tilak Nagar, Sarvodaya Nagar, Begusarai, Bihar 851101
- Hotel Yuvraj Deluxe,Zero Mile, Barauni, Bihar, NH 28, Begusarai, Bihar 851126
- Hotel KDM,NH31, Ulao, Begusarai, Bihar 851134
- Hotel Natraj ,Pratap Market,Kachahri Road,Begusarai
- Mamta Hotel,GD College Road, Meerganj, Pipra, Begusarai, Bihar 851101
Theatres in Begusarai district:
- Chitrabani - Beghusarai, Beghusarai
- Nehru Talkies - Bihat, Bihat
C.D.Block in the district and their information is given below.
|Shamho Akha Kurha||30,777||16,158||14,619|
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|3||Bank Of Baroda||6|
|4||Bank Of India||6|
|6||Central Bank Of India||9|
|10||ICICI Bank Limited||2|
|13||Indian Overseas Bank||2|
|14||Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited||1|
|15||Oriental Bank Of Commerce||1|
|16||Punjab National Bank||1|
|17||State Bank Of India||28|
|20||Union Bank Of India||1|
|21||United Bank Of India||5|