Bhagalpur district Information
C.D.Blocks in Bhagalpur district:
About Bhagalpur district:
Bhagalpur is a district in Bihar state, India. The total area of the district is 2,569 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 3032226 living in houses, among them male population is 1614014 and female population is 1418212. Sex ratio of the district is 880 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 63.14%.
Bhagalpur district vehicle registration code is BR 10. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Bhagalpur.
Electricity board in Bihar:
- Regulatory Commission - Bihar Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Transmission Companies - Bihar State Power Transmission Company Ltd (BSPTC)
- Distribution Companies - North Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (NBPDC), South Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (SBPDC)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- Single Phase with connected load less than 7 kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
- Three Phase with connected load more than 5 KW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
Important Festivals of the district:
Dala Chhath, Deepawali (Diwali), Shravani Mela, Teej, Chitragupta Puja, Bihula-Bishari, Sonepur cattle fair, Saraswati Puja, Holi, Eid-ul-Fitr, Eid-ul-Adha, Muharram, Ram Navami, Rath yatra, Rakshabandhan, Maha Shivaratri, Durga Puja are the major festivals celebrated in Bhagalpur district.
Aloo gobi, Anarsa, Balushahi, Bhurta, Chaat, Chapati, Chinese bhel, Dahi vada, Dal, Gajar ka halwa, Ghugni, Gulab jamun, Handia, Kachori, Kheer, Mattar paneer, Okhlee, Pakora, Paratha, Rumali Roti, Saag, Sattu, Thekua, Tilkut, Vegetable tarkari are few of the many varieties of Bhagalpur.
Top tourist places in Bhagalpur:
Places of interest in Bhagalpur:
Nathnagar, Mandar Hills, Vasupujya Swami Jain Temple, Ajgaivinath, Colganj Rock Cut Temple, Sultanganj, Kuppaghat are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Rice, Wheat, Maize, turmeric, urad, moong, gram, peas, lentils, khesaria are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Bhagalpur:
- Rajhans International Hotel,M.G Road, Kachari Chowk, Opp Dominos Pizza, Bhagalpur, Bihar 812001
- Hotel Sriyash Regency,D.N.Singh Road, Variety Chowk, Khalifabad, Bhagalpur, Bihar 812001
- Vineet Hotel,Shah Market, Bhagalpur, Bihar 812002
- hotel ashoka grand,Patal Babu Rd, Bhikhanpur, Bhagalpur, Bihar 812002
- Laxman Niwas,Station Chwok, Sujaganj, Bhagalpur, Bihar 812002
- Hotel Sai International,Laheari Tola, Urdu Bazar, Bhagalpur, Bihar 812002
- Hotel Nihar,Bhikhanpur, Bhagalpur, Bihar 812002
- Chinmaye Inn,Hotel Chinmaye inn, Rai Bahadur Sukhraj Path, Bhagalpur, Tilkamanjhi - Champanagar Rd, Khanjarpur, Bhagalpur, Bihar 812001
- HOTEL J P GRAND, RAJA S N ROAD, GHANTA GHAR MASAKCHAK ROAD, Bhagalpur, Bihar 812001
- Metro Plaza, Adampur, Bhagalpur, Bihar 812001
- Hotel Shish Mahal, Tulsinagar Colony, Bank Colony, Tulasinagar Colony, Bhagalpur, Bihar 812002
Theatres in Bhagalpur district:
C.D.Block in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|4||Bank Of Baroda||9|
|5||Bank Of India||9|
|6||Bank Of Maharashtra||1|
|8||Central Bank Of India||5|
|12||ICICI Bank Limited||5|
|15||Indian Overseas Bank||5|
|17||Oriental Bank Of Commerce||1|
|18||Punjab And Sind Bank||1|
|19||Punjab National Bank||4|
|20||State Bank Of Bikaner And Jaipur||1|
|21||State Bank Of India||41|
|24||Union Bank Of India||7|
|25||United Bank Of India||5|