Buxar district Information
C.D.Blocks in Buxar district:
About Buxar district:
Buxar is a district in Bihar state, India. The total area of the district is 1,624 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 1707643 living in houses, among them male population is 888356 and female population is 819287. Sex ratio of the district is 922 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 70.14%.
Buxar district vehicle registration code is BR 44. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Buxar.
Electricity board in Bihar:
- Regulatory Commission - Bihar Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Transmission Companies - Bihar State Power Transmission Company Ltd (BSPTC)
- Distribution Companies - North Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (NBPDC), South Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (SBPDC)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- Single Phase with connected load less than 7 kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
- Three Phase with connected load more than 5 KW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
Important Festivals of the district:
Dala Chhath, Deepawali (Diwali), Shravani Mela, Teej, Chitragupta Puja, Bihula-Bishari, Sonepur cattle fair, Saraswati Puja, Holi, Eid-ul-Fitr, Eid-ul-Adha, Muharram, Ram Navami, Rath yatra, Rakshabandhan, Maha Shivaratri, Durga Puja are the major festivals celebrated in Buxar district.
Aloo gobi, Anarsa, Balushahi, Bhurta, Chaat, Chapati, Chinese bhel, Dahi vada, Dal, Gajar ka halwa, Ghugni, Gulab jamun, Handia, Kachori, Kheer, Mattar paneer, Okhlee, Pakora, Paratha, Rumali Roti, Saag, Sattu, Thekua, Tilkut, Vegetable tarkari are few of the many varieties of Buxar.
Top tourist places in Buxar:
Places of interest in Buxar:
Buxar Fort, Brahmeshwar Nath Temple, Katkauli Ka Maidan, Sita Ram Upadhyaya Museum, Chausa Hoard, Bihariji Temple are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Rice, Wheat, Maize, turmeric, urad, moong, gram, peas, lentils, khesaria are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Buxar:
- Apsara Hotel ,Station Rd, Civil Lines, Buxar, Bihar 802101
- Hotel Ambassador,State Highway 13, Near Babanagar, Buxar, Bihar 802101
- Buxar Hotel ,111, SH 13, Thatheri Bazar, Civil Lines, Buxar, Bihar 802101
- Vaishnavi Clarks Innn,Sohani Patti, Buxar, Bihar 802101
- Hotel Jagat Vihar,Pipar Pati Road,Near I.D.B.I.Bank,, Buxar, Bihar 802101
- vishwamitra vihar,Viswamitra Colony, Balihar, Buxar, Bihar 802101
Theatres in Buxar district:
- Shankar Talkies - Bihar, Dumron
C.D.Block in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|3||Bank Of Baroda||2|
|4||Bank Of India||2|
|6||Central Bank Of India||2|
|9||ICICI Bank Limited||1|
|12||Indian Overseas Bank||1|
|13||Punjab National Bank||3|
|14||State Bank Of Bikaner And Jaipur||1|
|15||State Bank Of India||12|
|17||Union Bank Of India||1|
|18||United Bank Of India||2|