Darbhanga district Information
C.D.Blocks in Darbhanga district:
About Darbhanga district:
Darbhanga is a district in Bihar state, India. The total area of the district is 2,278 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 3921971 living in houses, among them male population is 2053043 and female population is 1868928. Sex ratio of the district is 911 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 56.56%.
Darbhanga district vehicle registration code is BR 07. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Darbhanga.
Electricity board in Bihar:
- Regulatory Commission - Bihar Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Transmission Companies - Bihar State Power Transmission Company Ltd (BSPTC)
- Distribution Companies - North Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (NBPDC), South Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (SBPDC)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- Single Phase with connected load less than 7 kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
- Three Phase with connected load more than 5 KW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
Important Festivals of the district:
Dala Chhath, Deepawali (Diwali), Shravani Mela, Teej, Chitragupta Puja, Bihula-Bishari, Sonepur cattle fair, Saraswati Puja, Holi, Eid-ul-Fitr, Eid-ul-Adha, Muharram, Ram Navami, Rath yatra, Rakshabandhan, Maha Shivaratri, Durga Puja are the major festivals celebrated in Darbhanga district.
Aloo gobi, Anarsa, Balushahi, Bhurta, Chaat, Chapati, Chinese bhel, Dahi vada, Dal, Gajar ka halwa, Ghugni, Gulab jamun, Handia, Kachori, Kheer, Mattar paneer, Okhlee, Pakora, Paratha, Rumali Roti, Saag, Sattu, Thekua, Tilkut, Vegetable tarkari are few of the many varieties of Darbhanga.
Top tourist places in Darbhanga:
Places of interest in Darbhanga:
Shyama Kali Temple, Ahilya Asthan, Chandradhari Museum, Kusheshwar Asthan Bird Sanctuary, Darbhanga Fort, are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Rice, Wheat, Maize, turmeric, urad, moong, gram, peas, lentils, khesaria are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Darbhanga:
- Hotel Naveen Residency,Bada Bazar, Darbhanga, Bihar 846004
- Hotel Rama Residency ,Ayachi Nagar, Shahganj, Benta, Laheriasarai, Darbhanga, Bihar 846003
- Shree Krishna Residency, Lal Bagh, Near C.M Science College, Darbhanga, Bihar 846004
- Hotel A.P Palace,Near Punam Cinema Hall, Mirzapur Rd, Mirzapur, Darbhanga, Bihar 846004
- Hotel Shyama Regency,State Highway 50, Opp Postal Training Centre, Kathalbari, Darbhanga, Bihar 846004
- HOTEL BHAWANI RESIDENCY,chowk,, Benta, Laheriasarai, Darbhanga, Bihar 846003
- Hotel P&P International,Hospital Road, Allalpatti, Laheriasarai, Darbhanga, Bihar 846003
- Arvind and Agarwal Hotel,Tower Chouk, Bada Bazar, Darbhanga, Bihar 846004
- Hotel Prince ,Near M L Academy High School, SH 50, Laheriasarai, Darbhanga, Bihar 846003
- Hotel Holiday Inn and Family Restaurant,VIP Road, India, Laheriasarai, Darbhanga, Bihar 846001
- Anamika hotel,SH 50, Benta, Laheriasarai, Darbhanga, Bihar 846003
Theatres in Darbhanga district:
- Prasad Chitralaya - Supaul Bazar, Biraul
C.D.Block in the district and their information is given below.
|Kusheshwar Asthan Purbi||128,817||67,877||60,940|
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|4||Bank Of Baroda||6|
|5||Bank Of India||8|
|6||Bank Of Maharashtra||1|
|8||Central Bank Of India||24|
|12||ICICI Bank Limited||2|
|15||Indian Overseas Bank||4|
|16||Punjab And Sind Bank||1|
|17||Punjab National Bank||9|
|18||State Bank Of India||28|
|21||Union Bank Of India||2|
|22||United Bank Of India||5|