Gaya district Information
Tehsils/Talukas in Gaya district:
Gaya district map:
About Gaya district:
Gaya is a district in Bihar state, India. The total area of the district is 5,978 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 4379383 living in houses, among them male population is 2266865 and female population is 2112518. Sex ratio of the district is 937 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 63.67%.
Gaya district vehicle registration code is BR 02. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Gaya.
Important Festivals of the district:
Dala Chhath, Deepawali (Diwali), Shravani Mela, Teej, Chitragupta Puja, Bihula-Bishari, Sonepur cattle fair, Saraswati Puja, Holi, Eid-ul-Fitr, Eid-ul-Adha, Muharram, Ram Navami, Rath yatra, Rakshabandhan, Maha Shivaratri, Durga Puja are the major festivals celebrated in Gaya district.
Aloo gobi, Anarsa, Balushahi, Bhurta, Chaat, Chapati, Chinese bhel, Dahi vada, Dal, Gajar ka halwa, Ghugni, Gulab jamun, Handia, Kachori, Kheer, Mattar paneer, Okhlee, Pakora, Paratha, Rumali Roti, Saag, Sattu, Thekua, Tilkut, Vegetable tarkari are few of the many varieties of Gaya.
Top tourist places in Gaya:
Places of interest in Gaya:
Mahabodhi Temple, Vishnupad temple, Dungeshwari Cave temples, Barabar Caves, Bodhi Tree, Chinese temple, Bodhgaya Archaeological Museum, Muchalinda Lake, Thai temple, Royal Bhutan Monastery, are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Rice, Wheat, Maize, turmeric, urad, moong, gram, peas, lentils, khesaria are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Gaya:
- Hotel Viraat Inn, No.194, Laxman Sahay Lane, Opposite Gaya Railway Station, Station Road, Gaya, Bihar 823001
- Ajatsatru Hotel,Infront of Gaya Railway Station, Station Road, Gaya, Bihar 823002
- Hotel Gharana Gaya, South Church Road, Near Gandhi Maidan, Gaya, Bihar 823001
- Hotel Rose Valley,Station Road,, Gaya, Bihar 823001
- Hotel Buddha,194, Laxman Sahay Lane, Opposite Gaya Railway Station Rd, Gaya, Bihar 823001
- Mahabodhi Hotel,Resort and Convention Centre,Hariharpur, Bodhgaya, Gaya, Bihar 823004
- Hotel Taj Darbar,Belsar, Gaya, Domuhan Bodhgaya Road, Bodh Gaya, Bodhgaya, Bihar 824231
- Hotel Delta International,Do Muhan Road, Gaya Dist, Bodhgaya, Bihar 824231
- Hotel Skylark, near Gaya Railway station, Mahavir school, Swarajpuri Rd, Gaya, Bihar 823001
- Hotel Vishnu Vihar,Behind Circuit House, Chanakya Puri Colony, Gaya, Bihar 823001
- Hotel Pankaj,Tekari Road, Opposite Punjab National Bank, Gaya, Bihar 823001
- Bodhgaya Regency Hotel,Near Japanese Temple, Mastipur, Japanese Temple Rd, Bodhgaya, Bihar 824231
- Hotel Lumbini International,Great Buddha Road ,Bodhgaya, Gaya, Bihar 824231
- Hotel Bodhgaya Gautam,Domuhan-Bodhgaya Rd, Bodhgaya, Gaya, Bihar 824231
- Hotel Tokyo Vihar,Opposite Japanese Temple, Bodhgaya, Bihar 824231
- Hotel Bodh Vilas,Sujata Bypass Road,Behind Tergar monastery,Behind Karmapa Temple,Bodhgaya, Gaya, Bihar 824231
- Hotel Shanti,North side of Kalchakra Ground, Near Maha Bodhi Temple, Bodhgaya, Gaya, Bihar 824231
- Hotel Heritage Inn,Near Anand Cinema, Swarajpuri Rd, Nagmatia Colony, Gaya, Bihar 823001
- Hotel Vishal International,Near Japanese Temple, Mastipur, Bodhgaya, 824231
Theatres in Gaya district:
- Prem Talkies - Saheed Road, Gaya
Blocks/Mandals in the district and their information is given below.
|Neem Chak Bathani||98,603||50,880||47,723|
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|4||Bank Of Baroda||10|
|5||Bank Of Maharashtra||1|
|7||Central Bank Of India||9|
|11||ICICI Bank Limited||3|
|14||Indian Overseas Bank||3|
|15||Oriental Bank Of Commerce||1|
|16||Punjab And Sind Bank||1|
|17||Punjab National Bank||16|
|18||State Bank Of Bikaner And Jaipur||1|
|19||State Bank Of India||34|
|22||Union Bank Of India||3|
|23||United Bank Of India||2|