Gopalganj district Information
C.D.Blocks in Gopalganj district:
About Gopalganj district:
Gopalganj is a district in Bihar state, India. The total area of the district is 2,033 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 2558037 living in houses, among them male population is 1269677 and female population is 1288360. Sex ratio of the district is 1021 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 65.47%.
Gopalganj district vehicle registration code is BR 28. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Gopalganj.
Electricity board in Bihar:
- Regulatory Commission - Bihar Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Transmission Companies - Bihar State Power Transmission Company Ltd (BSPTC)
- Distribution Companies - North Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (NBPDC), South Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (SBPDC)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- Single Phase with connected load less than 7 kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
- Three Phase with connected load more than 5 KW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
Important Festivals of the district:
Dala Chhath, Deepawali (Diwali), Shravani Mela, Teej, Chitragupta Puja, Bihula-Bishari, Sonepur cattle fair, Saraswati Puja, Holi, Eid-ul-Fitr, Eid-ul-Adha, Muharram, Ram Navami, Rath yatra, Rakshabandhan, Maha Shivaratri, Durga Puja are the major festivals celebrated in Gopalganj district.
Aloo gobi, Anarsa, Balushahi, Bhurta, Chaat, Chapati, Chinese bhel, Dahi vada, Dal, Gajar ka halwa, Ghugni, Gulab jamun, Handia, Kachori, Kheer, Mattar paneer, Okhlee, Pakora, Paratha, Rumali Roti, Saag, Sattu, Thekua, Tilkut, Vegetable tarkari are few of the many varieties of Gopalganj.
Top tourist places in Gopalganj:
Places of interest in Gopalganj:
Thawe Fort, Thawe Durga Temple, Bhuri Shravar Ashram, Dhurna Kund, Shri Pitambara Peeth (Bagalamukhi), Dighwa-Dubauli, Husepur, Lakri Dargah, Hanuman temple, Temple of Maa Durga, krishna theatre are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Rice, Wheat, Maize, turmeric, urad, moong, gram, peas, lentils, khesaria are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Gopalganj:
- Hotel laxmi,Yadovpur Road, Gopalganj, Bihar 841428
- Hotel Shabnam,SH45, Gopalganj, Bihar 841428
- Hotel Kailash,Gopalganj, Bihar 841428
- Hotel Vaibhav ,Banjari Road, Post Office Chowk, Gopalganj, Bihar 841428
- hotel Yatri, Haziapur, Gopalganj, Bihar 841428
- chainpur gopalganj,Jalpurwan, Haziapur, Gopalganj, Bihar 841428
Theatres in Gopalganj district:
- Janta Cinema - Gopalganj, Gopalganj
C.D.Block in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|4||Bank Of Baroda||2|
|5||Bank Of India||4|
|7||Central Bank Of India||16|
|11||ICICI Bank Limited||1|
|14||Indian Overseas Bank||1|
|15||Oriental Bank Of Commerce||1|
|16||Punjab National Bank||1|
|17||State Bank Of India||20|
|19||Union Bank Of India||1|
|20||United Bank Of India||1|