Jamui district Information
C.D.Blocks in Jamui district:
About Jamui district:
Jamui is a district in Bihar state, India. The total area of the district is 3,099 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 1756078 living in houses, among them male population is 914368 and female population is 841710. Sex ratio of the district is 922 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 59.79%.
Jamui district vehicle registration code is BR 46. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Jamui.
Electricity board in Bihar:
- Regulatory Commission - Bihar Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Transmission Companies - Bihar State Power Transmission Company Ltd (BSPTC)
- Distribution Companies - North Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (NBPDC), South Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (SBPDC)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- Single Phase with connected load less than 7 kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
- Three Phase with connected load more than 5 KW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
Important Festivals of the district:
Dala Chhath, Deepawali (Diwali), Shravani Mela, Teej, Chitragupta Puja, Bihula-Bishari, Sonepur cattle fair, Saraswati Puja, Holi, Eid-ul-Fitr, Eid-ul-Adha, Muharram, Ram Navami, Rath yatra, Rakshabandhan, Maha Shivaratri, Durga Puja are the major festivals celebrated in Jamui district.
Aloo gobi, Anarsa, Balushahi, Bhurta, Chaat, Chapati, Chinese bhel, Dahi vada, Dal, Gajar ka halwa, Ghugni, Gulab jamun, Handia, Kachori, Kheer, Mattar paneer, Okhlee, Pakora, Paratha, Rumali Roti, Saag, Sattu, Thekua, Tilkut, Vegetable tarkari are few of the many varieties of Jamui.
Top tourist places in Jamui:
Places of interest in Jamui:
Kali Mandir, Jain Mandir Dharmshala, Kshatriya Kund Gram, Giddheshwar Temple, Kakan, Indpai, Kumar Gram, Minto Tower, Lachhuar Jain Temple are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Rice, Wheat, Maize, turmeric, urad, moong, gram, peas, lentils, khesaria are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Jamui:
- Hotel Neeraj International, Lic Bypass Road, Bihar State Highway 6, Jamui, Bihar 811307
- hotel sneha,Jamui, Bihar 811307
- Hotel Atithi Palace,State Highway 18, Jamui, Bihar 811307
Theatres in Jamui district:
- Kamla Picture Palace - Masaudi Chauk, Jamui
- Shanti Picture Palace - P.O - Sikindera, Sikandra
C.D.Block in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|3||Bank Of Baroda||2|
|4||Bank Of India||6|
|6||Central Bank Of India||1|
|8||ICICI Bank Limited||1|
|10||State Bank Of India||14|
|12||Union Bank Of India||2|