Jehanabad district Information
C.D.Blocks in Jehanabad district:
About Jehanabad district:
Jehanabad is a district in Bihar state, India. The total area of the district is 1,569 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 1124176 living in houses, among them male population is 586202 and female population is 537974. Sex ratio of the district is 922 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 66.8%.
Jehanabad district vehicle registration code is BR 25. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Jehanabad.
Electricity board in Bihar:
- Regulatory Commission - Bihar Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Transmission Companies - Bihar State Power Transmission Company Ltd (BSPTC)
- Distribution Companies - North Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (NBPDC), South Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (SBPDC)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- Single Phase with connected load less than 7 kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
- Three Phase with connected load more than 5 KW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
Important Festivals of the district:
Dala Chhath, Deepawali (Diwali), Shravani Mela, Teej, Chitragupta Puja, Bihula-Bishari, Sonepur cattle fair, Saraswati Puja, Holi, Eid-ul-Fitr, Eid-ul-Adha, Muharram, Ram Navami, Rath yatra, Rakshabandhan, Maha Shivaratri, Durga Puja are the major festivals celebrated in Jehanabad district.
Aloo gobi, Anarsa, Balushahi, Bhurta, Chaat, Chapati, Chinese bhel, Dahi vada, Dal, Gajar ka halwa, Ghugni, Gulab jamun, Handia, Kachori, Kheer, Mattar paneer, Okhlee, Pakora, Paratha, Rumali Roti, Saag, Sattu, Thekua, Tilkut, Vegetable tarkari are few of the many varieties of Jehanabad.
Top tourist places in Jehanabad:
Places of interest in Jehanabad:
mahavir temple, har mandir saheb, patan devi, agam kuan, shri krishna science centre, patna museum, phalgu river ghats, sai temple, vishnupad temple, mangla gauri temple, phalgu river ghats are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Rice, Wheat, Maize, turmeric, urad, moong, gram, peas, lentils, khesaria are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Jehanabad district:
- Makhdumpur Gaya
Insurance Companies in Jehanabad:
Lawyers (Advocates) in Jehanabad:
Blood banks in Jehanabad:
- Sadar Hospital ,Amar Shahid Jagdeo Prasad Sadar Hospital Jehanabad Premises Jehanabad
Trading companies in Jehanabad:
Hotels in Jehanabad:
- Hotel Shivam Raj Darbar , Opposite Erki Petrol pump Jehanabad Court,Bihar, Collectorate Jehanabad, Megharia, Bihar 804408
Theatres in Jehanabad district:
C.D.Block in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|3||Bank Of Baroda||1|
|5||Central Bank Of India||1|
|8||ICICI Bank Limited||1|
|11||Indian Overseas Bank||3|
|12||Punjab National Bank||5|
|13||State Bank Of India||12|
|15||Union Bank Of India||1|