Katihar district Information
C.D.Blocks in Katihar district:
About Katihar district:
Katihar is a district in Bihar state, India. The total area of the district is 3,056 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 3068149 living in houses, among them male population is 1601158 and female population is 1466991. Sex ratio of the district is 919 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 52.24%.
Katihar district vehicle registration code is BR 39. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Katihar.
Electricity board in Bihar:
- Regulatory Commission - Bihar Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Transmission Companies - Bihar State Power Transmission Company Ltd (BSPTC)
- Distribution Companies - North Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (NBPDC), South Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (SBPDC)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- Single Phase with connected load less than 7 kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
- Three Phase with connected load more than 5 KW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
Important Festivals of the district:
Dala Chhath, Deepawali (Diwali), Shravani Mela, Teej, Chitragupta Puja, Bihula-Bishari, Sonepur cattle fair, Saraswati Puja, Holi, Eid-ul-Fitr, Eid-ul-Adha, Muharram, Ram Navami, Rath yatra, Rakshabandhan, Maha Shivaratri, Durga Puja are the major festivals celebrated in Katihar district.
Aloo gobi, Anarsa, Balushahi, Bhurta, Chaat, Chapati, Chinese bhel, Dahi vada, Dal, Gajar ka halwa, Ghugni, Gulab jamun, Handia, Kachori, Kheer, Mattar paneer, Okhlee, Pakora, Paratha, Rumali Roti, Saag, Sattu, Thekua, Tilkut, Vegetable tarkari are few of the many varieties of Katihar.
Top tourist places in Katihar:
Places of interest in Katihar:
Badi Durga mandir, Gorakhnath Temple, Kali Mandir, Maharshi Mehi das Temple, TMAA Federation of Martial Arts, Baba Nageswar Nath temple, Baghi Math are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Rice, Wheat, Maize, turmeric, urad, moong, gram, peas, lentils, khesaria are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Katihar:
- Hotel Satkar, Dr.Rajendra Prasad Path, New Market, Katihar, Bihar 854105
- HOTEL JMD INTERNATIONAL,NH 81, Mirchaibari, Katihar, Bihar 854105
- Hotel Deluxe,Rajendra Prasad Path, Katihar, Bihar 854105
- Hotel RajNirmal,SBI Lane, MG Road, Katihar, Bihar 854105
- Hotel Vaishali, Rajendra Prasad Path, Kulipara, Katihar, Bihar 854105
- HOTEL PREM PARADISE, Near Shayak Thana, Katihar-Manihari Rd, Mirchaibari, Katihar, Bihar 854105
- Rajsthan Hotel,Binodpur, Katihar, Bihar 854105
- Hotel Annapurna,National Highway 81, Kadwa, Katihar, Bihar 854105
Theatres in Katihar district:
- Durga Talkies - P.O-Sonali, Sonali
C.D.Block in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|4||Bank Of Baroda||4|
|5||Bank Of India||3|
|7||Central Bank Of India||27|
|9||ICICI Bank Limited||1|
|12||Indian Overseas Bank||4|
|13||Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited||1|
|14||Punjab And Sind Bank||1|
|15||Punjab National Bank||3|
|16||State Bank Of India||27|
|19||Union Bank Of India||2|
|20||United Bank Of India||8|