Khagaria district Information
C.D.Blocks in Khagaria district:
About Khagaria district:
Khagaria is a district in Bihar state, India. The total area of the district is 1,486 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 1657599 living in houses, among them male population is 880065 and female population is 777534. Sex ratio of the district is 886 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 57.92%.
Khagaria district vehicle registration code is BR 34. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Khagaria.
Electricity board in Bihar:
- Regulatory Commission - Bihar Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Transmission Companies - Bihar State Power Transmission Company Ltd (BSPTC)
- Distribution Companies - North Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (NBPDC), South Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (SBPDC)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- Single Phase with connected load less than 7 kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
- Three Phase with connected load more than 5 KW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
Important Festivals of the district:
Dala Chhath, Deepawali (Diwali), Shravani Mela, Teej, Chitragupta Puja, Bihula-Bishari, Sonepur cattle fair, Saraswati Puja, Holi, Eid-ul-Fitr, Eid-ul-Adha, Muharram, Ram Navami, Rath yatra, Rakshabandhan, Maha Shivaratri, Durga Puja are the major festivals celebrated in Khagaria district.
Aloo gobi, Anarsa, Balushahi, Bhurta, Chaat, Chapati, Chinese bhel, Dahi vada, Dal, Gajar ka halwa, Ghugni, Gulab jamun, Handia, Kachori, Kheer, Mattar paneer, Okhlee, Pakora, Paratha, Rumali Roti, Saag, Sattu, Thekua, Tilkut, Vegetable tarkari are few of the many varieties of Khagaria.
Top tourist places in Khagaria:
Places of interest in Khagaria:
Badi Durga mandir, Gorakhnath Temple, Kali Mandir, Maharshi Mehi das Temple, TMAA Federation of Martial Arts, Ashok Dham mandir, Baba Nageswar Nath temple, Baghi Math are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Rice, Wheat, Maize, turmeric, urad, moong, gram, peas, lentils, khesaria are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Khagaria:
- Hotel Shivam,Station Rd, Kalibari, Khagaria, Bihar 851204
- Hotel Bhavana,HOTEL BHAVANA,S.D.O NEAR RAM TAKIZ, Maya Ram Rd, Kalibari, Khagaria, Bihar 851204
- Hotel Rajasthan,Sagarmal Chowk, Kalibari, Khagaria, Bihar 851204
- Hotel kartik rsidency,Post office road, Khagaria, Bihar 851204
- Hotel Aryavarat,Khagaria, Bihar 851204
- Ashok Hotel,Collectoriate Rd, Chitragupt Nagar, Khagaria, Bihar 851204
Theatres in Khagaria district:
C.D.Block in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|3||Bank Of Baroda||5|
|4||Bank Of India||2|
|6||Central Bank Of India||2|
|8||ICICI Bank Limited||1|
|11||Indian Overseas Bank||2|
|12||State Bank Of India||12|
|13||Union Bank Of India||14|
|14||United Bank Of India||1|