Kishanganj district Information
C.D.Blocks in Kishanganj district:
About Kishanganj district:
Kishanganj is a district in Bihar state, India. The total area of the district is 1,884 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 1690948 living in houses, among them male population is 868845 and female population is 822103. Sex ratio of the district is 950 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 55.46%.
Kishanganj district vehicle registration code is BR 37. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Kishanganj.
Electricity board in Bihar:
- Regulatory Commission - Bihar Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Transmission Companies - Bihar State Power Transmission Company Ltd (BSPTC)
- Distribution Companies - North Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (NBPDC), South Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (SBPDC)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- Single Phase with connected load less than 7 kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
- Three Phase with connected load more than 5 KW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
Important Festivals of the district:
Dala Chhath, Deepawali (Diwali), Shravani Mela, Teej, Chitragupta Puja, Bihula-Bishari, Sonepur cattle fair, Saraswati Puja, Holi, Eid-ul-Fitr, Eid-ul-Adha, Muharram, Ram Navami, Rath yatra, Rakshabandhan, Maha Shivaratri, Durga Puja are the major festivals celebrated in Kishanganj district.
Aloo gobi, Anarsa, Balushahi, Bhurta, Chaat, Chapati, Chinese bhel, Dahi vada, Dal, Gajar ka halwa, Ghugni, Gulab jamun, Handia, Kachori, Kheer, Mattar paneer, Okhlee, Pakora, Paratha, Rumali Roti, Saag, Sattu, Thekua, Tilkut, Vegetable tarkari are few of the many varieties of Kishanganj.
Top tourist places in Kishanganj:
Places of interest in Kishanganj:
historic khagra mela, runins of churli estate, kachuudah lake, nehru park are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Rice, Wheat, Maize, turmeric, urad, moong, gram, peas, lentils, khesaria are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Kishanganj district:
Insurance Companies in Kishanganj:
- Achinta Nath-Reliance Life Insurance ,Chandra Bhawan, Kishanganj, Bihar 855107
Lawyers (Advocates) in Kishanganj:
Blood banks in Kishanganj:
- Sadar Sub Divisional Hospital Blood Bank ,Kishanganj
- Sadar Hospital, Kishanganj
Trading companies in Kishanganj:
- Reliance Securities ,MANTRI KATRANEAM CHAND ROAD
- PRABHUDAS LILLADHER PVT LTD ,SONAR PATTY ROADKISHANGANJDistrict:Kishanganj,BRPostcode:855105
- Reliance Securities ,Mantri KatraNeam Chand RoadDistrict:Kishanganj,BRPostcode:855107
Hotels in Kishanganj:
- Hotel Puja,Mahavir Marg, Kishanganj, Bihar 733208
- Hotel Chanchal Palace,NH - 31 , Dinajpur Road Crossing, Caltex chowk, Dharamganj, Kishanganj, Bihar 855108
- Hotel Highway,Dharamganj, Kishanganj, Bihar 855107
- Bharat Hotel,Mahavir Marg, Kochadhaman, Kishanganj, Bihar 855109
- Hotel Sunrise,Mahavir Marg, Kochadhaman, Kishanganj, Bihar 855107
Theatres in Kishanganj district:
- Mitro Talkies - Hospital Road,Dey Market, Kishanganj
C.D.Block in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|3||Bank Of Baroda||5|
|5||Central Bank Of India||9|
|9||ICICI Bank Limited||1|
|12||Indian Overseas Bank||10|
|13||Punjab National Bank||2|
|14||State Bank Of India||11|
|16||United Bank Of India||1|