Madhepura district Information
C.D.Blocks in Madhepura district:
About Madhepura district:
Madhepura is a district in Bihar state, India. The total area of the district is 1,787 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 1994618 living in houses, among them male population is 1042373 and female population is 952245. Sex ratio of the district is 911 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 52.25%.
Madhepura district vehicle registration code is BR 43. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Madhepura.
Electricity board in Bihar:
- Regulatory Commission - Bihar Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Transmission Companies - Bihar State Power Transmission Company Ltd (BSPTC)
- Distribution Companies - North Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (NBPDC), South Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (SBPDC)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- Single Phase with connected load less than 7 kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
- Three Phase with connected load more than 5 KW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
Important Festivals of the district:
Dala Chhath, Deepawali (Diwali), Shravani Mela, Teej, Chitragupta Puja, Bihula-Bishari, Sonepur cattle fair, Saraswati Puja, Holi, Eid-ul-Fitr, Eid-ul-Adha, Muharram, Ram Navami, Rath yatra, Rakshabandhan, Maha Shivaratri, Durga Puja are the major festivals celebrated in Madhepura district.
Aloo gobi, Anarsa, Balushahi, Bhurta, Chaat, Chapati, Chinese bhel, Dahi vada, Dal, Gajar ka halwa, Ghugni, Gulab jamun, Handia, Kachori, Kheer, Mattar paneer, Okhlee, Pakora, Paratha, Rumali Roti, Saag, Sattu, Thekua, Tilkut, Vegetable tarkari are few of the many varieties of Madhepura.
Top tourist places in Madhepura:
Places of interest in Madhepura:
Dakini Sthan Mandir, Jwala Mandir, Singheswar Sthan Mandir, are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Rice, Wheat, Maize, turmeric, urad, moong, gram, peas, lentils, khesaria are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Madhepura district:
- Dauram Madhpura
Insurance Companies in Madhepura:
- Life Insurance Deals, MadhepuraSahugarh, Ward No-02,, Shihpur, Madhepura, Bihar, Bihar 852113
- Best Life Insurance in Madhepura ,Purniya, Gola, Ward No-16, Madhepura, Madhepura, Bihar 852113
Lawyers (Advocates) in Madhepura:
Blood banks in Madhepura:
- Sadar Hospital , Madhepura
- Sadar Hospital ,Sadar Hospital, Madhepura
Trading companies in Madhepura:
- BONANZA PORTFOLIO Ltd ,WARD NO 17 LAXMIPUR MOHALLA- MADHEPURADistrict:Madhepura,BRPostcode:852113
- Religare , Main Road, Ward No.15, Near ADB Bank,Main RoadDistrict:Madhepura,BRPostcode:852113
Hotels in Madhepura:
- Hotel Madhepura,Main Road, Madhepura, Bihar 852113
- Hotel Grand Lucknow,GuljarBagh Ward no 20, Madhepura West By Pass Rd, Madhepura, Bihar 852113
- HOTEL MANJU,Hotel Manju, Near T P College, NH106, Madhepura, Bihar 852113
- HOTEL MEENU PALACE, Ward no.-01, Lalu Nagar, Madhepura, Near B N Mandal Univesity, Madhepura, Bihar 852113
- S K Hotel,RB Nagar, Madhepura, Bihar 852113
- Hotel Rajendra Palace, Maheshkhunt - Madhepura - Purnia Rd, Madhepura, Bihar 852113
Theatres in Madhepura district:
- Ambar Chitramandir - Jawahar Chaulk, Behariganj
- Kanchan Takies - Chaulk,P.O and P.S, Murliganj
- Radhika Chitramandir - P.O.- Biharigunj, Behariganj
- Shanti Chitramandir - Cinema Chauk,P.O - Murligunj, Murliganj
C.D.Block in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|2||Bank Of Baroda||1|
|3||Bank Of India||2|
|5||Central Bank Of India||13|
|7||ICICI Bank Limited||1|
|10||State Bank Of India||31|
|12||Union Bank Of India||1|