Madhubani district Information
C.D.Blocks in Madhubani district:
About Madhubani district:
Madhubani is a district in Bihar state, India. The total area of the district is 3,501 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 4476044 living in houses, among them male population is 2324984 and female population is 2151060. Sex ratio of the district is 926 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 58.62%.
Madhubani district vehicle registration code is BR 32. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Madhubani.
Electricity board in Bihar:
- Regulatory Commission - Bihar Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Transmission Companies - Bihar State Power Transmission Company Ltd (BSPTC)
- Distribution Companies - North Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (NBPDC), South Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (SBPDC)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- Single Phase with connected load less than 7 kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
- Three Phase with connected load more than 5 KW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
Important Festivals of the district:
Dala Chhath, Deepawali (Diwali), Shravani Mela, Teej, Chitragupta Puja, Bihula-Bishari, Sonepur cattle fair, Saraswati Puja, Holi, Eid-ul-Fitr, Eid-ul-Adha, Muharram, Ram Navami, Rath yatra, Rakshabandhan, Maha Shivaratri, Durga Puja are the major festivals celebrated in Madhubani district.
Aloo gobi, Anarsa, Balushahi, Bhurta, Chaat, Chapati, Chinese bhel, Dahi vada, Dal, Gajar ka halwa, Ghugni, Gulab jamun, Handia, Kachori, Kheer, Mattar paneer, Okhlee, Pakora, Paratha, Rumali Roti, Saag, Sattu, Thekua, Tilkut, Vegetable tarkari are few of the many varieties of Madhubani.
Top tourist places in Madhubani:
Places of interest in Madhubani:
hanuman mandir, kali mandir talab, kali mandir talab, kali mandir, milan talkies, mithila talkies, shankar talkies, are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Rice, Wheat, Maize, turmeric, urad, moong, gram, peas, lentils, khesaria are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Madhubani:
- Madhuyamini Inn,18/135, Hospital Road, Jaldhari chowk, Madhubani, Bihar 847238
- Hotel Nand,mahadeo Mandir Road, Madhubani, Bihar 847211
- Yuvraj Hotel,Station Rd, Ward No.8, Surat Ganj, Madhubani, Bihar 847211
- Hotel Sumanta,Professor's Colony, Bara Bazar, Madhubani, Bihar 847211
- Hotel Raj Vilas,Tilak Chowk, Madhubani, Bihar 847211
- Amrapali Hotel, SH 52, Bara Bazar, Madhubani, Bihar 847215
- ASHOK HOTEL,KIRTAN BHAWAN ROAD, Madhubani, Bihar
- Hotel Atithi, 2nd floor , Parishad Bazar ,Madhubani Bihar, bihar, Bihar 847211
Theatres in Madhubani district:
C.D.Block in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|3||Bank Of Baroda||2|
|4||Bank Of India||6|
|5||Bank Of Maharashtra||1|
|7||Central Bank Of India||22|
|11||ICICI Bank Limited||2|
|14||Indian Overseas Bank||5|
|15||Oriental Bank Of Commerce||1|
|16||Punjab National Bank||6|
|17||State Bank Of India||30|
|19||Union Bank Of India||2|
|20||United Bank Of India||4|