Munger district Information
C.D.Blocks in Munger district:
About Munger district:
Munger is a district in Bihar state, India. The total area of the district is 1,419 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 1359054 living in houses, among them male population is 723280 and female population is 635774. Sex ratio of the district is 876 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 70.46%.
Munger district vehicle registration code is BR 08. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Munger.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- Single Phase with connected load less than 7 kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
- Three Phase with connected load more than 5 KW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
Important Festivals of the district:
Dala Chhath, Deepawali (Diwali), Shravani Mela, Teej, Chitragupta Puja, Bihula-Bishari, Sonepur cattle fair, Saraswati Puja, Holi, Eid-ul-Fitr, Eid-ul-Adha, Muharram, Ram Navami, Rath yatra, Rakshabandhan, Maha Shivaratri, Durga Puja are the major festivals celebrated in Munger district.
Aloo gobi, Anarsa, Balushahi, Bhurta, Chaat, Chapati, Chinese bhel, Dahi vada, Dal, Gajar ka halwa, Ghugni, Gulab jamun, Handia, Kachori, Kheer, Mattar paneer, Okhlee, Pakora, Paratha, Rumali Roti, Saag, Sattu, Thekua, Tilkut, Vegetable tarkari are few of the many varieties of Munger.
Top tourist places in Munger:
Places of interest in Munger:
Red Fort, Tomb of Pir Shah Nufa, Bihar Yoga Bharati, Kastaharni Ghat, Munger Fort, Bhimbandh Wildlife Sanctuary, Shaheed Bag are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Rice, Wheat, Maize, turmeric, urad, moong, gram, peas, lentils, khesaria are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Munger district:
- Purab Sarai
Insurance Companies in Munger:
- Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Co. Ltd ,Medicine center, Beakapur, Mungher, Mungher, Bihar, 811201
Lawyers (Advocates) in Munger:
Blood banks in Munger:
- Sadar Hospital Blood Bank ,Sadar Hospital, Munger
Trading companies in Munger:
- Angel Broking ,28 BEKAPURANCHAL SADAR28 BEKAPURANCHAL SADARDistrict:Munger,BRPostcode:811201
- AT BEKAPURAT MUNGERDistrict:Munger,BRPostcode:811201
- ASHIKA STOCK BROKING LTD ,CHOWK BAZARMUNGERDistrict:Munger,BRPostcode:811201
- Angel Broking ,28, Bekapur, Town/Vill-Munger,Anchal-SadarDistrict:Munger,BRPostcode:811201
- DESTIMONEY SECURITIES PVT.LTD ,Lakri Gola,Bekapur MungerDistrict:Munger,BRPostcode:811201
Hotels in Munger:
- Hotel Samrat Palace, Jamalpur, Mansarovar, Sonapatti, Opposite Jamalpur Railway Station, District - Munger, Bihar, Jamalpur, Bihar 811214
- Hotel Sitariya,Town Hall Road, Shah Family, Dilawer Pur, Munger, Bihar 811201
- Raj Palace,Bari Bazar Munger, Bari Bazar Rd, Munger, Bihar 811201
Theatres in Munger district:
C.D.Block in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|4||Bank Of Baroda||2|
|5||Bank Of India||3|
|7||Central Bank Of India||2|
|10||ICICI Bank Limited||1|
|13||Indian Overseas Bank||6|
|14||Punjab National Bank||4|
|15||State Bank Of India||17|
|17||Union Bank Of India||3|
|18||United Bank Of India||1|