Muzaffarpur district Information
C.D.Blocks in Muzaffarpur district:
About Muzaffarpur district:
Muzaffarpur is a district in Bihar state, India. The total area of the district is 3,173 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 4778610 living in houses, among them male population is 2517500 and female population is 2261110. Sex ratio of the district is 900 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 63.43%.
Muzaffarpur district vehicle registration code is BR 06. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Muzaffarpur.
Electricity board in Bihar:
- Regulatory Commission - Bihar Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Transmission Companies - Bihar State Power Transmission Company Ltd (BSPTC)
- Distribution Companies - North Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (NBPDC), South Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (SBPDC)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- Single Phase with connected load less than 7 kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
- Three Phase with connected load more than 5 KW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
Important Festivals of the district:
Dala Chhath, Deepawali (Diwali), Shravani Mela, Teej, Chitragupta Puja, Bihula-Bishari, Sonepur cattle fair, Saraswati Puja, Holi, Eid-ul-Fitr, Eid-ul-Adha, Muharram, Ram Navami, Rath yatra, Rakshabandhan, Maha Shivaratri, Durga Puja are the major festivals celebrated in Muzaffarpur district.
Aloo gobi, Anarsa, Balushahi, Bhurta, Chaat, Chapati, Chinese bhel, Dahi vada, Dal, Gajar ka halwa, Ghugni, Gulab jamun, Handia, Kachori, Kheer, Mattar paneer, Okhlee, Pakora, Paratha, Rumali Roti, Saag, Sattu, Thekua, Tilkut, Vegetable tarkari are few of the many varieties of Muzaffarpur.
Top tourist places in Muzaffarpur:
Places of interest in Muzaffarpur:
Litchi Gardens, Garib Sthan Mandir Temple, Jubba Sahni Park, Ramna Devi Mandir, Kali Mata Temple, Shri Ram Temple, Ram Chandra Shahi Museum, Ambara Chowk, Ram Chandra Shahi Museum are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Rice, Wheat, Maize, turmeric, urad, moong, gram, peas, lentils, khesaria are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Muzaffarpur:
- Hotel Shivam Inn,B.C Plaza, Opposite Jandar Shoes, Motijheel, Muzaffarpur, Bihar 842001
- Hotel Atithi,Near Malang Sthan Mandir, Opposite Saheed Pramod Petrol Pump, Ramdayalunagar, Muzaffarpur, Bihar
- Hotel Minakshi International,Station Road, Opp Muzaffarpur Junction, Muzaffarpur, Bihar 842001
- The Park,Near Jubba Sahni Park Market, Club Road, Mithanpura, Muzaffarpur, Bihar 842002
- Hotel Aarav Plaza,above Bank of Baroda, Tilak Maidan Rd, Pokhraira, Muzaffarpur, Bihar 842001
- Hotel Chandra Palace,Main Road, Maripur, Power House Chowk, Muzaffarpur, Bihar 842001
- Simna International, Power House Chowk, Circuit House Rd, Tilak Nagar, Muzaffarpur, Bihar
- Hotel Central Park,Mahammadpur Kazi, Gannipur, Muzaffarpur, Bihar 842001
- Chandralok Hotel ,Chandralok Chowk, Nayatola, Muzaffarpur, Bihar 842001
- Hotel Maurya Residency, Jain Complex, Gobarsahi Chowk, National Highway 28, Shrirampuri, Bhagwanpur, Muzaffarpur, Bihar 843165
- Hotel Sawpanlok ,Kalyani Chowk, Mahammadpur Kazi, Sutapatti, Musahri, Muzaffarpur, Bihar 842001
- Hotel Gayatri Palace,Near Zero Mile Bus Stand, Zero Mile, Muzaffarpur, Muzaffarpur, Bihar 842002
- Hotel Urmila,Maripur, Muzaffarpur, Bihar 842001
- Atithi Hotel,Near Malang Sthan Mandir, Opposite Saheed Pramod Petrol Pump Ramdayalunagar, Muzaffarpur, Bihar 842001
- Hotel Marigold,Chandani Chowk, Near Mahindra Showroom, National Highway 28, Muzaffarpur, Bihar 842003
- Hotel Aarya Residency,State Highway 48, Akharghat, Muzaffarpur, Bihar 842001
Theatres in Muzaffarpur district:
- Pappu Picture Palace - Sujawalpur Sakra Road, Dholi
- Shree Talkies - Po- Bharwari,PS- manayar, Muhamdpur
- Shyam Talkies - Moti Jheel, Muzaffarpur
C.D.Block in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|4||Bank Of Baroda||24|
|5||Bank Of India||13|
|6||Bank Of Maharashtra||1|
|8||Central Bank Of India||29|
|13||ICICI Bank Limited||4|
|16||Indian Overseas Bank||7|
|18||ING Vysya Bank||1|
|19||Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited||1|
|20||Oriental Bank Of Commerce||1|
|21||Punjab And Sind Bank||1|
|22||Punjab National Bank||17|
|23||State Bank Of Bikaner And Jaipur||2|
|24||State Bank Of India||42|
|27||Union Bank Of India||9|
|28||United Bank Of India||10|