Nalanda district Information
C.D.Blocks in Nalanda district:
About Nalanda district:
Nalanda is a district in Bihar state, India. The total area of the district is 2,354 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 2872523 living in houses, among them male population is 1495577 and female population is 1376946. Sex ratio of the district is 922 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 64.43%.
Nalanda district vehicle registration code is BR 21. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Nalanda.
Electricity board in Bihar:
- Regulatory Commission - Bihar Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Transmission Companies - Bihar State Power Transmission Company Ltd (BSPTC)
- Distribution Companies - North Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (NBPDC), South Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (SBPDC)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- Single Phase with connected load less than 7 kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
- Three Phase with connected load more than 5 KW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
Important Festivals of the district:
Dala Chhath, Deepawali (Diwali), Shravani Mela, Teej, Chitragupta Puja, Bihula-Bishari, Sonepur cattle fair, Saraswati Puja, Holi, Eid-ul-Fitr, Eid-ul-Adha, Muharram, Ram Navami, Rath yatra, Rakshabandhan, Maha Shivaratri, Durga Puja are the major festivals celebrated in Nalanda district.
Aloo gobi, Anarsa, Balushahi, Bhurta, Chaat, Chapati, Chinese bhel, Dahi vada, Dal, Gajar ka halwa, Ghugni, Gulab jamun, Handia, Kachori, Kheer, Mattar paneer, Okhlee, Pakora, Paratha, Rumali Roti, Saag, Sattu, Thekua, Tilkut, Vegetable tarkari are few of the many varieties of Nalanda.
Top tourist places in Nalanda:
Places of interest in Nalanda:
Nalanda University Ruins, Nalanda Archaeological Museum, Stupa of Sariputra, Rajgir Wildlife Sanctuary, Xuanzang Memorial, Black Buddha Temple, Gaon Mandir are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Rice, Wheat, Maize, turmeric, urad, moong, gram, peas, lentils, khesaria are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Nalanda district:
- Bihar Sharif
- Kashi Chak
- Pawapuri Road
Insurance Companies in Nalanda:
Lawyers (Advocates) in Nalanda:
Blood banks in Nalanda:
- Sadar Hospital Blood Bank ,Bihar Sharif
- Nalanda Blood Bank ,(A Unit Of Janata Karah Kalyan Samaj), Quamruddinganj, Bihar Sharif
- Sadar Hospital ,Bihar Sharif
Trading companies in Nalanda:
Hotels in Nalanda:
- Hotel Nalanda Regency,Nalanda, Rajgir, Bihar 803116
- Siddharth Hotel,Rajgir, Opposite Old Japanese Temple, Near Hot Spring, Nalanda, Bihar 803116
- SHUBHAM HOTEL & RESTAURANT,Fatehpur chowk, Nalanda-Rajgir Main Road, National Highway 82, Bidupur, Nalanda, Bihar 803111
- The Rajgir Residency Hotel,Near Virayatan Rd, Nalanda, Bihar 803116
- Indo Hokke Hotel,Virayatan Road, Near Viraytan, Rajgir, Bihar 803116
- Hotel Diamond Plaza, Dharmshala Road, Near SBI Bank, Dist. Nalanda, Rajgir, Bihar 803116
- HOTEL VIJAY, Beside Ram Krishna Math Rajgir, hot Spring waterfall, Kund Road, Rajgir, Bihar 803116
- Hotel Laxmi Palace,College Road, Bangali Para, Rajgir, Bihar 803116
Theatres in Nalanda district:
C.D.Block in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|3||Bank Of Baroda||2|
|4||Bank Of India||2|
|6||Central Bank Of India||6|
|10||ICICI Bank Limited||1|
|13||Indian Overseas Bank||2|
|14||Oriental Bank Of Commerce||1|
|15||Punjab National Bank||4|
|16||State Bank Of India||14|
|17||Union Bank Of India||2|
|18||United Bank Of India||1|