Nawada district Information
C.D.Blocks in Nawada district:
About Nawada district:
Nawada is a district in Bihar state, India. The total area of the district is 2,492 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 2216653 living in houses, among them male population is 1145123 and female population is 1071530. Sex ratio of the district is 939 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 59.76%.
Nawada district vehicle registration code is BR 27. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Nawada.
Electricity board in Bihar:
- Regulatory Commission - Bihar Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Transmission Companies - Bihar State Power Transmission Company Ltd (BSPTC)
- Distribution Companies - North Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (NBPDC), South Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (SBPDC)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- Single Phase with connected load less than 7 kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
- Three Phase with connected load more than 5 KW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
Important Festivals of the district:
Dala Chhath, Deepawali (Diwali), Shravani Mela, Teej, Chitragupta Puja, Bihula-Bishari, Sonepur cattle fair, Saraswati Puja, Holi, Eid-ul-Fitr, Eid-ul-Adha, Muharram, Ram Navami, Rath yatra, Rakshabandhan, Maha Shivaratri, Durga Puja are the major festivals celebrated in Nawada district.
Aloo gobi, Anarsa, Balushahi, Bhurta, Chaat, Chapati, Chinese bhel, Dahi vada, Dal, Gajar ka halwa, Ghugni, Gulab jamun, Handia, Kachori, Kheer, Mattar paneer, Okhlee, Pakora, Paratha, Rumali Roti, Saag, Sattu, Thekua, Tilkut, Vegetable tarkari are few of the many varieties of Nawada.
Top tourist places in Nawada:
Places of interest in Nawada:
Kakolat Falls, Tagore Hill, Jagannath Temple, Hazaribagh Lake, Hundru Falls, Rajgir, Sekho Devra Ashram, Hariya Sun Temple, Hanuman Temple, Jarra Baba, Nardah Museum, Sobhiya Temple are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Rice, Wheat, Maize, turmeric, urad, moong, gram, peas, lentils, khesaria are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Nawada district:
- Baghi Bardiha
- Waris Aleganj
Insurance Companies in Nawada:
Lawyers (Advocates) in Nawada:
Blood banks in Nawada:
- Anupam Voluntary Blood Bank , Opp Purani Jail Road,Nawada
- Late Sajjan Kr. Agarwal Blood Bank ,Sadar Hospital Campus, Nawada
- Sadar Hospital ,Nawada
Trading companies in Nawada:
Hotels in Nawada:
- HOTEL CP GRAND,Main road,prasad bigha, SH 8, Nawada, Bihar 805110
- Hotel Siddharth,Near Munnu Saran Band, Station Rd, Nawada, Bihar 805110
- Hotal Rajshree International, Address: 561, Near Canara Bank, Station Rd, Nawada, Bihar 805110
- Hotel Girja Palace Marriage Hall &Restaurant,Sadbhavna Chowk, Ranchi - Patna Rd, Nawada, Bihar 805111
- Hotel Krishna Palace,Main Rd, Roh, Nawada, Bihar 805110
- Hotel Akash,Nawada, Bihar 805111
- Hotel Celebration & Restaurant,Near Main Post Office, Very Close To Railway Station, Nawada, Bihar 805110
Theatres in Nawada district:
- Mahalaxmi Talkies - Rajgir Road, Hasua
- Nibha Picture Palace - Nawada, Nawada
C.D.Block in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|3||Bank Of Baroda||1|
|5||Central Bank Of India||3|
|7||ICICI Bank Limited||1|
|9||Oriental Bank Of Commerce||1|
|10||Punjab National Bank||1|
|11||State Bank Of India||9|
|13||Union Bank Of India||1|