Purba Champaran district Information
C.D.Blocks in Purba Champaran district:
About Purba Champaran district:
Purba Champaran is a district in Bihar state, India. The total area of the district is 3,969 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 5082868 living in houses, among them male population is 2674037 and female population is 2408831. Sex ratio of the district is 902 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 55.79%.
Purba Champaran district vehicle registration code is BR 05. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Motihari.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- Single Phase with connected load less than 7 kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
- Three Phase with connected load more than 5 KW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
Important Festivals of the district:
Dala Chhath, Deepawali (Diwali), Shravani Mela, Teej, Chitragupta Puja, Bihula-Bishari, Sonepur cattle fair, Saraswati Puja, Holi, Eid-ul-Fitr, Eid-ul-Adha, Muharram, Ram Navami, Rath yatra, Rakshabandhan, Maha Shivaratri, Durga Puja are the major festivals celebrated in Purba Champaran district.
Purba Champaran Cuisine:
Aloo gobi, Anarsa, Balushahi, Bhurta, Chaat, Chapati, Chinese bhel, Dahi vada, Dal, Gajar ka halwa, Ghugni, Gulab jamun, Handia, Kachori, Kheer, Mattar paneer, Okhlee, Pakora, Paratha, Rumali Roti, Saag, Sattu, Thekua, Tilkut, Vegetable tarkari are few of the many varieties of Purba Champaran.
Top tourist places in Purba Champaran:
Places of interest in Purba Champaran:
Kesaria Bodh Stupa, Areraj Mandir, Gandhi Sangrahalaya, Orwell's Birth Place, Balua Chowk are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Rice, Wheat, Maize, turmeric, urad, moong, gram, peas, lentils, khesaria are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Purba Champaran district:
- Bhawanipur Biha
- Kesariya Road
- Kundwa Chainpur
- Motihari Court
- Kuria Halt
- Raxual Junction
- Sagauli Junction
Insurance Companies in Purba Champaran:
Lawyers (Advocates) in Purba Champaran:
Blood banks in Purba Champaran:
Trading companies in Purba Champaran:
Hotels in Purba Champaran:
- Rajeshwari Palace Hotel, Motihari,Bank Road, Motihari, East Champaran, Bihar 845401
- Hotel Simran,Bhawanipur Zirat, Motihari, Bihar 845401
- Hotel Green Park,SH 54, Rajendra Nagar, Motihari, Bihar 845401
- Hotel Aarti, National Highway 28A, Rajendra Nagar, Motihari, Bihar 845401
- Hotel Jagat, Station Rd, Belbawana, Motihari, Bihar 845401
Theatres in Purba Champaran district:
- Anupam Picture Palace - Main Market, Areraj
- Om Talkies - Motihari Road, Turkaulia
- Apsara Picture Palace - Bairgania Road, Dhaka
- Roopmahal - Barachakiya, Barachakiya
- Shivam Picture Palace - Gandhinagar Road, Gulwara Madhuban
- Vaishnawi Picture Palace - Bara Bazar, Chauradano
C.D.Block in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|