Purnia district Information
C.D.Blocks in Purnia district:
About Purnia district:
Purnia is a district in Bihar state, India. The total area of the district is 3,228 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 3273127 living in houses, among them male population is 1695829 and female population is 1577298. Sex ratio of the district is 921 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 51.08%.
Purnia district vehicle registration code is BR 11. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Purnia.
Electricity board in Bihar:
- Regulatory Commission - Bihar Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Transmission Companies - Bihar State Power Transmission Company Ltd (BSPTC)
- Distribution Companies - North Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (NBPDC), South Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (SBPDC)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- Single Phase with connected load less than 7 kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
- Three Phase with connected load more than 5 KW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
Important Festivals of the district:
Dala Chhath, Deepawali (Diwali), Shravani Mela, Teej, Chitragupta Puja, Bihula-Bishari, Sonepur cattle fair, Saraswati Puja, Holi, Eid-ul-Fitr, Eid-ul-Adha, Muharram, Ram Navami, Rath yatra, Rakshabandhan, Maha Shivaratri, Durga Puja are the major festivals celebrated in Purnia district.
Aloo gobi, Anarsa, Balushahi, Bhurta, Chaat, Chapati, Chinese bhel, Dahi vada, Dal, Gajar ka halwa, Ghugni, Gulab jamun, Handia, Kachori, Kheer, Mattar paneer, Okhlee, Pakora, Paratha, Rumali Roti, Saag, Sattu, Thekua, Tilkut, Vegetable tarkari are few of the many varieties of Purnia.
Top tourist places in Purnia:
Places of interest in Purnia:
troika park, durga mandir, janki nagar durga mandir, mahabir mandir, maa kaali mandir, uma talkies, meera talkies, kali mandir, shiv mandir are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Rice, Wheat, Maize, turmeric, urad, moong, gram, peas, lentils, khesaria are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Purnia:
- Hotel Kaushaki, Kalibari Road, Near Kali Mandir, Bhatta Bazar, Purnea, Bihar 854301
- Hotel Harsa,Chitrawani Road, Navratan Hatta, Purnea, Bihar 854301
- Centre Point Hotel,RMSHY Chowk,Chowdary Market, Sneh Villa, Bhatta Bazar, Purnea, Bihar 854301
- Hotel sanjay,Bhatta Bazar, Navratan Hatta, Purnea, Bihar 854301
- Hotel Shree Nayak, Nayak Campus, Near Jail Chowk, Purnea, Bihar 854301
- Hotel Shine,gulabbagh, zero Mile, Purnea, Bihar 854326
- Hotel Panchwati International,201, Bihar Talkies Road, Line Bazar, Purnea, Bihar 854301
- Hotel Holiday International, Taxi Stand Road, R N Shaw Chowk, Sarvoday Nagar, Purnea, Bihar 854301
- Hotel Aditya,Maheshkhunt-Madhepura-Purnia Rd, Purnea, Bihar 854305
- Bhagalpuri hotel, Near shiv mandir, Line Bazar, Purnea, Bihar 854301
- Hotel Hindustan,Opp. Jagannath Dharamshala, Line Bazar, Purnea, Bihar 854301
Theatres in Purnia district:
- Annapurna Talkies - P.O.+P.S Bhawanipur, Bhawanipur
- Ashish Chitralay - P.O-Dhamdaha,, Dhamdaha
- Krishna Talkies - P.O - Rautahat,, Rautahat
C.D.Block in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|4||Bank Of Baroda||6|
|5||Bank Of India||3|
|7||Central Bank Of India||16|
|11||ICICI Bank Limited||3|
|14||Indian Overseas Bank||1|
|15||Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited||2|
|16||Punjab And Sind Bank||1|
|17||State Bank Of India||1|
|18||United Bank Of India||4|