Rohtas district Information
C.D.Blocks in Rohtas district:
About Rohtas district:
Rohtas is a district in Bihar state, India. The total area of the district is 3,850 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 2962593 living in houses, among them male population is 1547856 and female population is 1414737. Sex ratio of the district is 918 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 73.37%.
Rohtas district vehicle registration code is BR 57. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Sasaram.
Electricity board in Bihar:
- Regulatory Commission - Bihar Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Transmission Companies - Bihar State Power Transmission Company Ltd (BSPTC)
- Distribution Companies - North Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (NBPDC), South Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (SBPDC)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- Single Phase with connected load less than 7 kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
- Three Phase with connected load more than 5 KW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
Important Festivals of the district:
Dala Chhath, Deepawali (Diwali), Shravani Mela, Teej, Chitragupta Puja, Bihula-Bishari, Sonepur cattle fair, Saraswati Puja, Holi, Eid-ul-Fitr, Eid-ul-Adha, Muharram, Ram Navami, Rath yatra, Rakshabandhan, Maha Shivaratri, Durga Puja are the major festivals celebrated in Rohtas district.
Aloo gobi, Anarsa, Balushahi, Bhurta, Chaat, Chapati, Chinese bhel, Dahi vada, Dal, Gajar ka halwa, Ghugni, Gulab jamun, Handia, Kachori, Kheer, Mattar paneer, Okhlee, Pakora, Paratha, Rumali Roti, Saag, Sattu, Thekua, Tilkut, Vegetable tarkari are few of the many varieties of Rohtas.
Top tourist places in Rohtas:
Places of interest in Rohtas:
Dhuan Kund Falls, Rock Paintings, Kaimur Hills, Mausoleum of Sher Shah, Chachai Falls, Rohtasgarh Fort are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Rice, Wheat, Maize, turmeric, urad, moong, gram, peas, lentils, khesaria are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Rohtas:
- Hotel Urvashi,Gandhi Nagar, Dehri-On-Sone, Rohtas, Bihar 821307
- Hotel Buddha Vihar,Pali Road,NH Bye Pass, Dehri On Sone, Rohtas, Bihar 821305
Theatres in Rohtas district:
- Cinema Delight - Dalmia Nagar Dehari On Sone, Dehari On Sone
- Mehata Talkies - Kochas, Kochas
- Shyam Talkies - Arah Road, Bikramganj
- Durga Talkies - Patel Chowk,, Bhabua
C.D.Block in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|3||Bank Of Baroda||5|
|4||Bank Of India||1|
|6||Central Bank Of India||4|
|9||ICICI Bank Limited||2|
|11||Indian Overseas Bank||2|
|12||Punjab National Bank||6|
|13||State Bank Of Bikaner And Jaipur||1|
|14||State Bank Of India||20|
|16||Union Bank Of India||2|
|17||United Bank Of India||2|