Saharsa district Information
C.D.Blocks in Saharsa district:
About Saharsa district:
Saharsa is a district in Bihar state, India. The total area of the district is 1,702 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 1897102 living in houses, among them male population is 995502 and female population is 901600. Sex ratio of the district is 906 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 53.2%.
Saharsa district vehicle registration code is BR 19. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Saharsa.
Electricity board in Bihar:
- Regulatory Commission - Bihar Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Transmission Companies - Bihar State Power Transmission Company Ltd (BSPTC)
- Distribution Companies - North Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (NBPDC), South Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (SBPDC)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- Single Phase with connected load less than 7 kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
- Three Phase with connected load more than 5 KW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
Important Festivals of the district:
Dala Chhath, Deepawali (Diwali), Shravani Mela, Teej, Chitragupta Puja, Bihula-Bishari, Sonepur cattle fair, Saraswati Puja, Holi, Eid-ul-Fitr, Eid-ul-Adha, Muharram, Ram Navami, Rath yatra, Rakshabandhan, Maha Shivaratri, Durga Puja are the major festivals celebrated in Saharsa district.
Aloo gobi, Anarsa, Balushahi, Bhurta, Chaat, Chapati, Chinese bhel, Dahi vada, Dal, Gajar ka halwa, Ghugni, Gulab jamun, Handia, Kachori, Kheer, Mattar paneer, Okhlee, Pakora, Paratha, Rumali Roti, Saag, Sattu, Thekua, Tilkut, Vegetable tarkari are few of the many varieties of Saharsa.
Top tourist places in Saharsa:
Places of interest in Saharsa:
saharsa, mahaveer mandir, annapurna mandir, sai mandir, gyatri temple, ram mandir, shiv mandir,matsyagandha mandir, prashant theatre are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Rice, Wheat, Maize, turmeric, urad, moong, gram, peas, lentils, khesaria are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Saharsa:
- Hotel Vijieya,Nera Mira Theatre, Mira Rd, Saharsa, Bihar 852201
- Hotel Rajdarbar,Hotel Raj Darbar, Saharsa, Bihar 852201
- Hotel Pardeshi Cardo,VIP Road, Purab Bazar, Opp. Bank of Baroda, Sant Nagar, Saharsa, Bihar 852201
- Hotel Koshi Niwas, Bangaali Bazar Rd, Naya Bazar, Saharsa, Bihar 852202
- Hotel Sangam Bihar, Saharsa - Simri Bakhtiyarpur - Shalkhua Rd, Shardha Nagar, Saharsa, Bihar 852201
- hotel Blue Heaven,Naya Bazar, Saharsa, Bihar 852202
Theatres in Saharsa district:
C.D.Block in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|4||Bank Of Baroda||1|
|5||Bank Of India||3|
|7||Central Bank Of India||6|
|10||ICICI Bank Limited||1|
|13||Indian Overseas Bank||1|
|14||State Bank Of India||27|
|15||Union Bank Of India||1|
|16||United Bank Of India||2|