Samastipur district Information
C.D.Blocks in Samastipur district:
About Samastipur district:
Samastipur is a district in Bihar state, India. The total area of the district is 2,905 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 4254782 living in houses, among them male population is 2228432 and female population is 2026350. Sex ratio of the district is 911 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 61.86%.
Samastipur district vehicle registration code is BR 33. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Samastipur.
Electricity board in Bihar:
- Regulatory Commission - Bihar Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Transmission Companies - Bihar State Power Transmission Company Ltd (BSPTC)
- Distribution Companies - North Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (NBPDC), South Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (SBPDC)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- Single Phase with connected load less than 7 kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
- Three Phase with connected load more than 5 KW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
Important Festivals of the district:
Dala Chhath, Deepawali (Diwali), Shravani Mela, Teej, Chitragupta Puja, Bihula-Bishari, Sonepur cattle fair, Saraswati Puja, Holi, Eid-ul-Fitr, Eid-ul-Adha, Muharram, Ram Navami, Rath yatra, Rakshabandhan, Maha Shivaratri, Durga Puja are the major festivals celebrated in Samastipur district.
Aloo gobi, Anarsa, Balushahi, Bhurta, Chaat, Chapati, Chinese bhel, Dahi vada, Dal, Gajar ka halwa, Ghugni, Gulab jamun, Handia, Kachori, Kheer, Mattar paneer, Okhlee, Pakora, Paratha, Rumali Roti, Saag, Sattu, Thekua, Tilkut, Vegetable tarkari are few of the many varieties of Samastipur.
Top tourist places in Samastipur:
Places of interest in Samastipur:
khatushyam Temple, Musrigharari, Mannipur Temple, Mangalgarh, Vidyapatinagar, Jageshwar Asthan, Bakhribuzurg are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Rice, Wheat, Maize, turmeric, urad, moong, gram, peas, lentils, khesaria are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Samastipur:
- Hotel Sandhya Deluxe,Gola Road, Samastipur, Bihar 848101
- Hotel Madanlok,Gola Street, near rishab commerce classes, Gudri Bazar Rd, Gudari Bazar, Samastipur, Bihar 848101
- Hotel Luxury,Marwari Bazar, Near Samastipur Railway Station, Samastipur, Bihar 848101
- Donald Tree Duplex,Old gas godam road Post Office Road, Behind- Anil Complex,s godam, Samastipur, Bihar 848101
- Swarg Exotica,State Highway 55, Near Burhi Gandak River, Main Market, Gudari Bazar, Samastipur, Bihar 848101
- Hotel Shivam,Holy Mission Rd, Uttarayan, Kasipur, Samastipur, Bihar 848101
- Kailash Inn, Ward No - 17, Gudari Bazar, Samastipur, Bihar 848101
Theatres in Samastipur district:
- Sangam Picture Place - Station Road,Bazidpur, Dalsinghsarai
C.D.Block in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|4||Bank Of Baroda||7|
|5||Bank Of India||3|
|7||Central Bank Of India||23|
|11||ICICI Bank Limited||1|
|14||Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited||1|
|15||Oriental Bank Of Commerce||2|
|16||Punjab National Bank||5|
|17||State Bank Of India||31|
|20||Union Bank Of India||10|
|21||United Bank Of India||5|