Saran district Information
C.D.Blocks in Saran district:
About Saran district:
Saran is a district in Bihar state, India. The total area of the district is 2,641 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 3943098 living in houses, among them male population is 2023476 and female population is 1919622. Sex ratio of the district is 954 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 65.96%.
Saran district vehicle registration code is BR 04. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Chhapra.
Electricity board in Bihar:
- Regulatory Commission - Bihar Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Transmission Companies - Bihar State Power Transmission Company Ltd (BSPTC)
- Distribution Companies - North Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (NBPDC), South Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (SBPDC)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- Single Phase with connected load less than 7 kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
- Three Phase with connected load more than 5 KW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
Important Festivals of the district:
Dala Chhath, Deepawali (Diwali), Shravani Mela, Teej, Chitragupta Puja, Bihula-Bishari, Sonepur cattle fair, Saraswati Puja, Holi, Eid-ul-Fitr, Eid-ul-Adha, Muharram, Ram Navami, Rath yatra, Rakshabandhan, Maha Shivaratri, Durga Puja are the major festivals celebrated in Saran district.
Aloo gobi, Anarsa, Balushahi, Bhurta, Chaat, Chapati, Chinese bhel, Dahi vada, Dal, Gajar ka halwa, Ghugni, Gulab jamun, Handia, Kachori, Kheer, Mattar paneer, Okhlee, Pakora, Paratha, Rumali Roti, Saag, Sattu, Thekua, Tilkut, Vegetable tarkari are few of the many varieties of Saran.
Top tourist places in Saran:
Places of interest in Saran:
Ranjeet Singh Dev Fort, Fort, Tapra Talkies, Shiv Mandir, Lord Hanuman Temple, Samthar Fort, Chaukri, Shiv Temple, Mohan Talkies are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Rice, Wheat, Maize, turmeric, urad, moong, gram, peas, lentils, khesaria are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Saran:
- Hotel Rajdarbar,Near Mouna Chowk, Nai Basti, Chhapra, Bihar 841301
- Hotel Ramdoot,Kachahri Rd, Dahiyawan Tola, Darshan Nagar, Chhapra, Bihar 841301
- Hotel Manipuri,Opp.Mandir, Thana Chowk,, Saran, Chhapra, Bihar 841301
- Indralok Hotel,Darshan Nagar, Chhapra, Bihar 841301
Theatres in Saran district:
- Pankaj Palace - Chapra, Chapra
C.D.Block in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|4||Bank Of Baroda||4|
|5||Bank Of India||1|
|6||Bank Of Maharashtra||1|
|8||Central Bank Of India||21|
|11||ICICI Bank Limited||2|
|13||Indian Overseas Bank||1|
|14||Punjab National Bank||1|
|15||State Bank Of India||31|
|16||Union Bank Of India||3|
|17||United Bank Of India||1|