Sheikhpura district Information
C.D.Blocks in Sheikhpura district:
About Sheikhpura district:
Sheikhpura is a district in Bihar state, India. The total area of the district is 689 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 634927 living in houses, among them male population is 329593 and female population is 305334. Sex ratio of the district is 930 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 63.86%.
Sheikhpura district vehicle registration code is BR 52. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Sheikhpura.
Electricity board in Bihar:
- Regulatory Commission - Bihar Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Transmission Companies - Bihar State Power Transmission Company Ltd (BSPTC)
- Distribution Companies - North Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (NBPDC), South Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (SBPDC)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- Single Phase with connected load less than 7 kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
- Three Phase with connected load more than 5 KW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
Important Festivals of the district:
Dala Chhath, Deepawali (Diwali), Shravani Mela, Teej, Chitragupta Puja, Bihula-Bishari, Sonepur cattle fair, Saraswati Puja, Holi, Eid-ul-Fitr, Eid-ul-Adha, Muharram, Ram Navami, Rath yatra, Rakshabandhan, Maha Shivaratri, Durga Puja are the major festivals celebrated in Sheikhpura district.
Aloo gobi, Anarsa, Balushahi, Bhurta, Chaat, Chapati, Chinese bhel, Dahi vada, Dal, Gajar ka halwa, Ghugni, Gulab jamun, Handia, Kachori, Kheer, Mattar paneer, Okhlee, Pakora, Paratha, Rumali Roti, Saag, Sattu, Thekua, Tilkut, Vegetable tarkari are few of the many varieties of Sheikhpura.
Top tourist places in Sheikhpura:
Places of interest in Sheikhpura:
Durga sthan, raj talkies, gaurakshni shivalaya, surya mandir, pinki talkies, shiv temple, anuraag cinema, baqra mandir, veldaripar temple, maa ashthan mandir are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Rice, Wheat, Maize, turmeric, urad, moong, gram, peas, lentils, khesaria are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Sheikhpura:
- Hotel Ashoka,Sheikhpura, Bihar 811105
Theatres in Sheikhpura district:
- Arjun Talkies - Main road, Barbigha
- Roopmahal Talkies - Chandni Chauk, Sheikhpura
C.D.Block in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|2||Bank Of Baroda||1|
|4||Central Bank Of India||1|
|7||State Bank Of India||1|