Sitamarhi district Information
C.D.Blocks in Sitamarhi district:
About Sitamarhi district:
Sitamarhi is a district in Bihar state, India. The total area of the district is 2,199 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 3419622 living in houses, among them male population is 1800441 and female population is 1619181. Sex ratio of the district is 899 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 52.05%.
Sitamarhi district vehicle registration code is BR 30. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Sitamarhi.
Electricity board in Bihar:
- Regulatory Commission - Bihar Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Transmission Companies - Bihar State Power Transmission Company Ltd (BSPTC)
- Distribution Companies - North Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (NBPDC), South Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (SBPDC)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- Single Phase with connected load less than 7 kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
- Three Phase with connected load more than 5 KW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
Important Festivals of the district:
Dala Chhath, Deepawali (Diwali), Shravani Mela, Teej, Chitragupta Puja, Bihula-Bishari, Sonepur cattle fair, Saraswati Puja, Holi, Eid-ul-Fitr, Eid-ul-Adha, Muharram, Ram Navami, Rath yatra, Rakshabandhan, Maha Shivaratri, Durga Puja are the major festivals celebrated in Sitamarhi district.
Aloo gobi, Anarsa, Balushahi, Bhurta, Chaat, Chapati, Chinese bhel, Dahi vada, Dal, Gajar ka halwa, Ghugni, Gulab jamun, Handia, Kachori, Kheer, Mattar paneer, Okhlee, Pakora, Paratha, Rumali Roti, Saag, Sattu, Thekua, Tilkut, Vegetable tarkari are few of the many varieties of Sitamarhi.
Top tourist places in Sitamarhi:
Places of interest in Sitamarhi:
Janaki Temple, Haleshwar Asthan, Panth Pakar, Pupri, Goraul Sharif are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Rice, Wheat, Maize, turmeric, urad, moong, gram, peas, lentils, khesaria are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Sitamarhi:
- Hotel Sitayan,NH 104, Raghunathpuri, Pratap Nagar, Sitamarhi, Bihar 843301
- HOTEL PAYAL,kuldeep complex, station road, Sitamarhi, Bihar 843302
- Hotel Mini Taj, Main Road, Sharif Colony, Sitamarhi, Bihar 843302
- Hotel Kishore, NH 77, Sharif Colony, Sitamarhi, Bihar 843301
- Hotel Umang, Sitamarhi Main Road, Laxmana Nagar, Bihar 226010
- Hotel Maa Shiv Ganga,Station Rd, Malahi, Sitamarhi, Bihar 843302
- Hotel Shiv Surya,Mata Mandir Rd, Indiranagar, KVJ Nagar, Sitamarhi, Bihar 843301
Theatres in Sitamarhi district:
- Amar Picture Palace - Cinema Road,, Sursand
- Mithila Mandir - Janakpur Road, K.B.P. Pupri
- Tulsi Chitra Mandir - Janakpur Road, Piprarhi
C.D.Block in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|3||Bank Of Baroda||7|
|4||Bank Of India||1|
|6||Central Bank Of India||15|
|8||ICICI Bank Limited||1|
|10||Punjab National Bank||1|
|11||State Bank Of Bikaner And Jaipur||1|
|12||State Bank Of India||18|
|15||Union Bank Of India||1|
|16||United Bank Of India||1|