Siwan district Information
C.D.Blocks in Siwan district:
About Siwan district:
Siwan is a district in Bihar state, India. The total area of the district is 2,219 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 3318176 living in houses, among them male population is 1672121 and female population is 1646055. Sex ratio of the district is 988 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 69.45%.
Siwan district vehicle registration code is BR 29. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Siwan.
Electricity board in Bihar:
- Regulatory Commission - Bihar Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Transmission Companies - Bihar State Power Transmission Company Ltd (BSPTC)
- Distribution Companies - North Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (NBPDC), South Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd (SBPDC)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- Single Phase with connected load less than 7 kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
- Three Phase with connected load more than 5 KW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.00 per unit, 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.65 per unit, 201 to 300 units = Rs.4.35, 301 and above units = Rs.5.45
Important Festivals of the district:
Dala Chhath, Deepawali (Diwali), Shravani Mela, Teej, Chitragupta Puja, Bihula-Bishari, Sonepur cattle fair, Saraswati Puja, Holi, Eid-ul-Fitr, Eid-ul-Adha, Muharram, Ram Navami, Rath yatra, Rakshabandhan, Maha Shivaratri, Durga Puja are the major festivals celebrated in Siwan district.
Aloo gobi, Anarsa, Balushahi, Bhurta, Chaat, Chapati, Chinese bhel, Dahi vada, Dal, Gajar ka halwa, Ghugni, Gulab jamun, Handia, Kachori, Kheer, Mattar paneer, Okhlee, Pakora, Paratha, Rumali Roti, Saag, Sattu, Thekua, Tilkut, Vegetable tarkari are few of the many varieties of Siwan.
Top tourist places in Siwan:
Places of interest in Siwan:
Darauli, Hasanpura, Lakri Dargah, Amarpur, Don, Maharajganj are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Rice, Wheat, Maize, turmeric, urad, moong, gram, peas, lentils, khesaria are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Siwan:
- HOTEL THE SIWAN INTERNATIONAL,Siwan,, Siswan Tola, Siwan, Bihar 841226
- Hotel Manish,Babunia more, Rajendra Path, Siwan, Bihar 841226
- Amrapali Hotel,Shanti Nagar, Siwan, Bihar 841226
- Hotel Life Inn, Zafar Market,, Hospital Road,, Siwan, Bihar 841226
- hotel geetanjali,Station Road, In Front Of Railway Jn:, Siwan, Bihar 841226
- Hotel green view,Fathepur, Siwan, Bihar 841226
Theatres in Siwan district:
C.D.Block in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|4||Bank Of Baroda||2|
|5||Bank Of India||6|
|6||Bank Of Maharashtra||1|
|8||Central Bank Of India||18|
|13||ICICI Bank Limited||1|
|16||Indian Overseas Bank||1|
|18||Oriental Bank Of Commerce||2|
|19||Punjab National Bank||5|
|20||State Bank Of India||18|
|23||Union Bank Of India||2|
|24||United Bank Of India||2|