Ashoknagar district Information
Tehsils in Ashoknagar district:
About Ashoknagar district:
Ashoknagar is a district in Madhya Pradesh state, India. The total area of the district is 4,674 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 844979 living in houses, among them male population is 444651 and female population is 400328. Sex ratio of the district is 904 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 66.42%.
Ashoknagar district vehicle registration code is MP 67. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Ashoknagar.
Electricity board in Madhya Pradesh:
- Regulatory Commission - Madhya Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Generating Companies - Madhya Pradesh Power Generating Company Limited (MPGCL)
- Transmission Companies - Madhya Pradesh Power Transmission Corporation Limited (MPPTCL), Madhya Pradesh State Load Despatch Centre (MPSLDC)
- Distribution Companies - Madhya Pradesh Paschim Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited (MPPKVVCL), Madhya Pradesh Poorv Kshetra Vidyut Vitran Company Limited (MPPKVVC), Madhya Pradesh Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited (MPMKVVCL)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- 1 to 50 units = Rs.3.65 per unit
- 51 to 100 units = Rs.4.35 per unit
- 101 to 300 units = Rs.5.60 per unit
- 301 and above units = Rs.6.10 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Khajuraho Festival of Dance, Tansen Music Festival, Shivratri Mela, Pachmarhi, Navratri Festival, Ujjain, Chethiyagiri Vihara Festival, Sanchi, Madai, Dussehra/Vijay Dashmi, Diwali, Bahgoriya, The Fair of Nagaji, Nimar Utsav, Ameer Khan Festival, Dhrupad Samaroh, Malwa Utsava Ujjain and Indore, Shab-I-Barat, Krishna Janamashtmi are the major festivals celebrated in Ashoknagar district.
Bhutte ki Khees, Poha, Dal Bhafla, Jalebi, Khurma, Shrikhand, Malpua, Kophrapak, Roghan Josh, Korma, Seekh Kebab, Achari Gosht, Shami kebab, Saboodana ( Pearl Sago) Khichdi, Bhopali Paan, Chhola Burger, Garoda Chat, Mawa-bati, Gulab Jamuns are few of the many varieties of Ashoknagar.
Top tourist places in Ashoknagar:
Places of interest in Ashoknagar:
Chanderi fort, Kaushak Mahal, Thubonji, Karila, Anandpur, Kadwaya, Bhiyadat, Tumen, Ranchhor Das, Issagarh are the major tourist attractions of the district.
paddy, wheat, maize, jowar, gram, tur, urad, moong, soybean, groundnut, mustard, cotton and sugarcane are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Ashoknagar district:
- Ashok Nagar
- Baktar Nagar
- Guneru Bamori
- Lidhora Khurd
Insurance Companies in Ashoknagar:
- Prem Motors Pvt Ltd (Sales & Service),Near Guna By-Pass, Ashoknagar, Madhya Pradesh 473331
- Reliance General Insurance Company Limited,DR. Ambedkar Road,, 3rd Floor, Kyass Tower, Court Chowraha,, Karimnagar, 505001
- Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co. Limited,607-611, 6th Floor, Jai City Point, Mirza Ismail Road, Ashok Nagar, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302001
- Elixir Insurance Services P Ltd,70/16, Sundar Bans,, 1st Avenue, Ashok Nagar,, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600083
Lawyers (Advocates) in Ashoknagar:
- Advocate Ashok Pandey,M.P. NAGAR Zone -1, Near Hotel Amar Palace, Maharana Pratap Nagar, Chiklod Rd, Pratap Nagar, Jahangirabad, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh 462008
Blood banks in Ashoknagar:
- Ashoknagar Seva Samiti ,Bhonsle Complex, Vidisha Road
Trading companies in Ashoknagar:
Hotels in Ashoknagar:
- Hotel Rajshree,Bypass Rd, Tulsi Sarovar Colony, Ashoknagar, Madhya Pradesh 473331
- Hotel Agrawal Residency,Near Railway Station, Subhash Gunj, Ashoknagar, Madhya Pradesh 473331
- Hotel Adhiraj Palace,Bypass Road, Sen Chauraha, Opposite Essar Petrol Pump, Ashoknagar, Madhya Pradesh 473331
- Hotel Girraj,Ashoknagar - Esagarh Rd, Ashoknagar - Esagarh Road, Subhash Gunj, Om Colony, Ashoknagar, Madhya Pradesh 473331
- Hotel Ahinsa Palace,Durga Colony, Ashoknagar, Madhya Pradesh 473338
- Hotel Naman Residency,Sen Chauraha,, Vidisha Road Bypass, Ashoknagar Flyover, Ashoknagar, Madhya Pradesh 473331
Theatres in Ashoknagar district:
Tehsil in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|1||State Bank Of India||10|
|3||Union Bank Of India||2|