Balaghat district Information
Tehsils in Balaghat district:
About Balaghat district:
Balaghat is a district in Madhya Pradesh state, India. The total area of the district is 9229 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 1701156 living in houses, among them male population is 841794 and female population is 859362. Sex ratio of the district is 1021 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 77.09%.
Balaghat district vehicle registration code is MP 50. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Balaghat.
Electricity board in Madhya Pradesh:
- Regulatory Commission - Madhya Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Generating Companies - Madhya Pradesh Power Generating Company Limited (MPGCL)
- Transmission Companies - Madhya Pradesh Power Transmission Corporation Limited (MPPTCL), Madhya Pradesh State Load Despatch Centre (MPSLDC)
- Distribution Companies - Madhya Pradesh Paschim Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited (MPPKVVCL), Madhya Pradesh Poorv Kshetra Vidyut Vitran Company Limited (MPPKVVC), Madhya Pradesh Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited (MPMKVVCL)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- 1 to 50 units = Rs.3.65 per unit
- 51 to 100 units = Rs.4.35 per unit
- 101 to 300 units = Rs.5.60 per unit
- 301 and above units = Rs.6.10 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Khajuraho Festival of Dance, Tansen Music Festival, Shivratri Mela, Pachmarhi, Navratri Festival, Ujjain, Chethiyagiri Vihara Festival, Sanchi, Madai, Dussehra/Vijay Dashmi, Diwali, Bahgoriya, The Fair of Nagaji, Nimar Utsav, Ameer Khan Festival, Dhrupad Samaroh, Malwa Utsava Ujjain and Indore, Shab-I-Barat, Krishna Janamashtmi are the major festivals celebrated in Balaghat district.
Bhutte ki Khees, Poha, Dal Bhafla, Jalebi, Khurma, Shrikhand, Malpua, Kophrapak, Roghan Josh, Korma, Seekh Kebab, Achari Gosht, Shami kebab, Saboodana ( Pearl Sago) Khichdi, Bhopali Paan, Chhola Burger, Garoda Chat, Mawa-bati, Gulab Jamuns are few of the many varieties of Balaghat.
Top tourist places in Balaghat:
Places of interest in Balaghat:
Kanha National Park, Lanji Temple/Fort, Rampaily Temple, Hatta Bawali (Well), Nahlesara Dam, Gangulpara Tank and Water Fall, Dhuti Dam, hanuman mandir, maa durga mandir, jain mandir, satya narayan mandir, sharda mata mandir, hanuman mandir, jamuna mai temple, hatta ki bawadi are the major tourist attractions of the district.
paddy, wheat, maize, jowar, gram, tur, urad, moong, soybean, groundnut, mustard, cotton and sugarcane are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Balaghat:
- HOTEL VAIDYA REGENCY,kesar plaza.hanumaan chowk, Balaghat, Madhya Pradesh 481001
- Hotel Sheetal Palace,near Bus Stand, Behind Dr. s.k. Sharma,, bhatera Road, Balaghat, Madhya Pradesh 481001
- Hotel Kalash - Balaghat, Opp Himalay Tailors, Circuit House Road, Balaghat, Madhya Pradesh 481001
- Hotel Midtown, Circuit House Road, Balaghat, Madhya Pradesh 481001
- Hotel Gaurav,Bus Stand Main Road, Near SBI, Near Bus-Stand, Balaghat, Madhya Pradesh 481001
- Hotel Anand,Balaghat, Madhya Pradesh 481001
- HOTEL RAMESHWARAM AND LAWN, Kali Putli Chowk, Behind State Bank of India, Balaghat, Madhya Pradesh 481001
Theatres in Balaghat district:
Tehsil in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|3||Bank Of Baroda||1|
|4||Bank Of Maharashtra||10|
|6||Central Bank Of India||17|
|9||ICICI Bank Limited||1|
|11||Indian Overseas Bank||3|
|12||Punjab National Bank||1|
|13||State Bank Of India||19|
|16||Union Bank Of India||2|