Barwani district Information
Tehsils in Barwani district:
About Barwani district:
Barwani is a district in Madhya Pradesh state, India. The total area of the district is 5,432 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 1385659 living in houses, among them male population is 699578 and female population is 686081. Sex ratio of the district is 982 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 49.08%.
Barwani district vehicle registration code is MP 46. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Badwani.
Electricity board in Madhya Pradesh:
- Regulatory Commission - Madhya Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Generating Companies - Madhya Pradesh Power Generating Company Limited (MPGCL)
- Transmission Companies - Madhya Pradesh Power Transmission Corporation Limited (MPPTCL), Madhya Pradesh State Load Despatch Centre (MPSLDC)
- Distribution Companies - Madhya Pradesh Paschim Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited (MPPKVVCL), Madhya Pradesh Poorv Kshetra Vidyut Vitran Company Limited (MPPKVVC), Madhya Pradesh Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited (MPMKVVCL)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- 1 to 50 units = Rs.3.65 per unit
- 51 to 100 units = Rs.4.35 per unit
- 101 to 300 units = Rs.5.60 per unit
- 301 and above units = Rs.6.10 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Khajuraho Festival of Dance, Tansen Music Festival, Shivratri Mela, Pachmarhi, Navratri Festival, Ujjain, Chethiyagiri Vihara Festival, Sanchi, Madai, Dussehra/Vijay Dashmi, Diwali, Bahgoriya, The Fair of Nagaji, Nimar Utsav, Ameer Khan Festival, Dhrupad Samaroh, Malwa Utsava Ujjain and Indore, Shab-I-Barat, Krishna Janamashtmi are the major festivals celebrated in Barwani district.
Bhutte ki Khees, Poha, Dal Bhafla, Jalebi, Khurma, Shrikhand, Malpua, Kophrapak, Roghan Josh, Korma, Seekh Kebab, Achari Gosht, Shami kebab, Saboodana ( Pearl Sago) Khichdi, Bhopali Paan, Chhola Burger, Garoda Chat, Mawa-bati, Gulab Jamuns are few of the many varieties of Barwani.
Top tourist places in Barwani:
Places of interest in Barwani:
Moti Mata Mandir, Shiv Mandir, Siddheshwer Mandir, Bhilat Mandir, Vaishno Devi Mandir, Tir Gola, Sai Mandir, cni church navalpura, bisa nema mhajan tulsi das, Bhawani Mata Mandir, Shri Krishna Mandir, Lord Hanuman Temple are the major tourist attractions of the district.
paddy, wheat, maize, jowar, gram, tur, urad, moong, soybean, groundnut, mustard, cotton and sugarcane are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Barwani:
- Hotel Shri Krishna Bhog,State Highway 39,Beside Naivedhya Coffee House, Barwani, Madhya Pradesh 451551
- Hotel Shiv Shankar Restaurant & Coffee House,Near Axis Bank, Indore Road, Barwani, Madhya Pradesh 451551
- Hotel Satkar & Tadka Restaurant ,Rajghat Road , Near H.P. Petrol Pump , New Bus Stand, Barwani, Madhya Pradesh 451551
- Hotel Sawariya,Anjad Road, Segaon Chopati, Barwani, Madhya Pradesh 451551
Theatres in Barwani district:
- Virendra Cinema - Cinema Chowk, Anjad
Tehsil in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|2||Bank Of Baroda||4|
|3||Bank Of India||1|
|4||Bank Of Maharashtra||3|
|6||Central Bank Of India||2|
|9||ICICI Bank Limited||3|
|13||Punjab National Bank||1|
|14||State Bank Of India||12|