Burhanpur district Information
Tehsils in Burhanpur district:
About Burhanpur district:
Burhanpur is a district in Madhya Pradesh state, India. The total area of the district is 3427 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 756993 living in houses, among them male population is 388040 and female population is 368953. Sex ratio of the district is 951 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 64.36%.
Burhanpur district vehicle registration code is MP 68. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Burhanpur.
Electricity board in Madhya Pradesh:
- Regulatory Commission - Madhya Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Generating Companies - Madhya Pradesh Power Generating Company Limited (MPGCL)
- Transmission Companies - Madhya Pradesh Power Transmission Corporation Limited (MPPTCL), Madhya Pradesh State Load Despatch Centre (MPSLDC)
- Distribution Companies - Madhya Pradesh Paschim Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited (MPPKVVCL), Madhya Pradesh Poorv Kshetra Vidyut Vitran Company Limited (MPPKVVC), Madhya Pradesh Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited (MPMKVVCL)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- 1 to 50 units = Rs.3.65 per unit
- 51 to 100 units = Rs.4.35 per unit
- 101 to 300 units = Rs.5.60 per unit
- 301 and above units = Rs.6.10 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Khajuraho Festival of Dance, Tansen Music Festival, Shivratri Mela, Pachmarhi, Navratri Festival, Ujjain, Chethiyagiri Vihara Festival, Sanchi, Madai, Dussehra/Vijay Dashmi, Diwali, Bahgoriya, The Fair of Nagaji, Nimar Utsav, Ameer Khan Festival, Dhrupad Samaroh, Malwa Utsava Ujjain and Indore, Shab-I-Barat, Krishna Janamashtmi are the major festivals celebrated in Burhanpur district.
Bhutte ki Khees, Poha, Dal Bhafla, Jalebi, Khurma, Shrikhand, Malpua, Kophrapak, Roghan Josh, Korma, Seekh Kebab, Achari Gosht, Shami kebab, Saboodana ( Pearl Sago) Khichdi, Bhopali Paan, Chhola Burger, Garoda Chat, Mawa-bati, Gulab Jamuns are few of the many varieties of Burhanpur.
Top tourist places in Burhanpur:
Places of interest in Burhanpur:
are the major tourist attractions of the district.
paddy, wheat, maize, jowar, gram, tur, urad, moong, soybean, groundnut, mustard, cotton and sugarcane are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Burhanpur district:
Insurance Companies in Burhanpur:
- Birla Sunlife Insurance Co.LTD,Balaji Nagar, Burhanpur, Madhya Pradesh 450331
- MOHNANI INSURANCE AND INVESTMENT, SINDHI BASTI, LALBAGH STATION ROAD, BURHANPUR, Madhya Pradesh 450331
Lawyers (Advocates) in Burhanpur:
Blood banks in Burhanpur:
- District Hospital , District Hospital
- Chandubhai Somabhai Patel Blood Bank (Of Arogyaseva Mandal) ,Rashtriyapura, Amravati Road
Trading companies in Burhanpur:
- Angel Broking ,DUKAN NO.11GURUDWARA PARISAR NEPANAGAR (M.P.)District:East Nimar,MPPostcode:450221
Hotels in Burhanpur:
- Hotel Panchvati, Near Bus stand, Amravati road, Rastipura Colony, Burhanpur, Madhya Pradesh 450331
- Hotel Madhuvan, Gandhi Chowk, Sanwara Road, Burhanpur, Madhya Pradesh 450331
- Hotel Ambar and Holiday Resort,NH-27, Rastipura Colony, Opp. Bus Stand, Burhanpur, Madhya Pradesh 450331
- KAMAL HOTEL, GANDHI CHOWK, Burhanpur, Madhya Pradesh 450331
Theatres in Burhanpur district:
Tehsil in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|2||Bank Of Baroda||1|
|3||Bank Of India||3|
|4||Bank Of Maharashtra||1|
|6||Central Bank Of India||1|
|10||ICICI Bank Limited||1|
|11||Punjab National Bank||2|
|12||State Bank Of India||8|
|15||Union Bank Of India||1|