Chhindwara district Information
Tehsils/Talukas in Chhindwara district:
Chhindwara district map:
About Chhindwara district:
Chhindwara is a district in Madhya Pradesh state, India. The total area of the district is 11815 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 2090306 living in houses, among them male population is 1063302 and female population is 1027004. Sex ratio of the district is 964 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 71.16%.
Chhindwara district vehicle registration code is MP 28. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Chhindwara.
Important Festivals of the district:
Khajuraho Festival of Dance, Tansen Music Festival, Shivratri Mela, Pachmarhi, Navratri Festival, Ujjain, Chethiyagiri Vihara Festival, Sanchi, Madai, Dussehra/Vijay Dashmi, Diwali, Bahgoriya, The Fair of Nagaji, Nimar Utsav, Ameer Khan Festival, Dhrupad Samaroh, Malwa Utsava Ujjain and Indore, Shab-I-Barat, Krishna Janamashtmi are the major festivals celebrated in Chhindwara district.
Bhutte ki Khees, Poha, Dal Bhafla, Jalebi, Khurma, Shrikhand, Malpua, Kophrapak, Roghan Josh, Korma, Seekh Kebab, Achari Gosht, Shami kebab, Saboodana ( Pearl Sago) Khichdi, Bhopali Paan, Chhola Burger, Garoda Chat, Mawa-bati, Gulab Jamuns are few of the many varieties of Chhindwara.
Top tourist places in Chhindwara:
Places of interest in Chhindwara:
Patalkot Valley, Shri Badal Bhoi State Tribal Museum, Chota Mahadev Cave, Shri Balaji Brockers, Pench National Park, Gotmar Mela Pandhurna, Pachmarhi, Deogarh Fort, Sri Dev Brahmchari Ram mandir, Sri Dev Murlidhar temple, Sri Dev Thakur Baba Temple, Tribal Museum Chhindwara, Saint Jhons Elc and Church, shri angrah mandir, titu ka room are the major tourist attractions of the district.
paddy, wheat, maize, jowar, gram, tur, urad, moong, soybean, groundnut, mustard, cotton and sugarcane are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Chhindwara:
- Hotel The Karan,Gram Sarra, Nagpur Road, Chandangaon, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh 480001
- Hotel Dev International,Khajri Road, Sinchai Colony, Mohan Nagar, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh 480001
- Hotel Silver Shine,Collectorate Road, Next to IDBI Bank, Gulabara Road, Sanchar Colony, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh 480001
- Hotel Akshat Chhindwara,jijibai complex, front of new bus stand Madhya Pradesh State Highway 19, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh 480001
- Hotel Pooja,Parasia Rd, Gulabara, Sanchar Colony, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh 480001
- Hotel Surya, Parasia Road, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh 480001
- Saket Hotel,Rautha Wada, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh 480001
- Hotel Shantinath,Chotta Talab, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh
- Hotel Royal Palace,Sinchai Colony, Mohan Nagar, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh 480001
- hotel sai bajrang,ward num. 35 nagpur road sarra, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh 480001
- Hotel Gaurav, Chhindwara Rd, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh 480001
Theatres in Chhindwara district:
- Pankaj - New Market, Chindwara
Blocks/Mandals in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|3||Bank Of Baroda||2|
|4||Bank Of India||1|
|5||Bank Of Maharashtra||16|
|7||Central Bank Of India||31|
|11||ICICI Bank Limited||2|
|13||Indian Overseas Bank||1|
|15||Oriental Bank Of Commerce||1|
|16||Punjab And Sind Bank||1|
|17||Punjab National Bank||2|
|18||Standard Chartered Bank||1|
|19||State Bank Of India||27|
|22||Union Bank Of India||4|