Damoh district Information
Tehsils in Damoh district:
About Damoh district:
Damoh is a district in Madhya Pradesh state, India. The total area of the district is 7306 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 1263703 living in houses, among them male population is 660478 and female population is 603225. Sex ratio of the district is 910 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 69.73%.
Damoh district vehicle registration code is MP 34. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Damoh.
Electricity board in Madhya Pradesh:
- Regulatory Commission - Madhya Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Generating Companies - Madhya Pradesh Power Generating Company Limited (MPGCL)
- Transmission Companies - Madhya Pradesh Power Transmission Corporation Limited (MPPTCL), Madhya Pradesh State Load Despatch Centre (MPSLDC)
- Distribution Companies - Madhya Pradesh Paschim Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited (MPPKVVCL), Madhya Pradesh Poorv Kshetra Vidyut Vitran Company Limited (MPPKVVC), Madhya Pradesh Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited (MPMKVVCL)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- 1 to 50 units = Rs.3.65 per unit
- 51 to 100 units = Rs.4.35 per unit
- 101 to 300 units = Rs.5.60 per unit
- 301 and above units = Rs.6.10 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Khajuraho Festival of Dance, Tansen Music Festival, Shivratri Mela, Pachmarhi, Navratri Festival, Ujjain, Chethiyagiri Vihara Festival, Sanchi, Madai, Dussehra/Vijay Dashmi, Diwali, Bahgoriya, The Fair of Nagaji, Nimar Utsav, Ameer Khan Festival, Dhrupad Samaroh, Malwa Utsava Ujjain and Indore, Shab-I-Barat, Krishna Janamashtmi are the major festivals celebrated in Damoh district.
Bhutte ki Khees, Poha, Dal Bhafla, Jalebi, Khurma, Shrikhand, Malpua, Kophrapak, Roghan Josh, Korma, Seekh Kebab, Achari Gosht, Shami kebab, Saboodana ( Pearl Sago) Khichdi, Bhopali Paan, Chhola Burger, Garoda Chat, Mawa-bati, Gulab Jamuns are few of the many varieties of Damoh.
Top tourist places in Damoh:
Places of interest in Damoh:
Bandakpur, Kundalpur, Jatashankar, Nohleshwar Temple, Giri Darshan, The Fort of Singaurgarh, Nidan Kund, Nazara, Sad-Bhawna Shikha, Sad-Bhawna Shikha are the major tourist attractions of the district.
paddy, wheat, maize, jowar, gram, tur, urad, moong, soybean, groundnut, mustard, cotton and sugarcane are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Damoh:
- HOTEL ARJUN,Near railway station, Station Road, Teen Gulli, Damoh, Madhya Pradesh 470661
- HOTEL CAPTAIN,NANAKSAR COMPLEX, PRIVATE BUS STAND, Damoh, Madhya Pradesh 470661
- Hotel Unique Residency,Bus Stand Rd, Tandon Bagicha, Damoh, Madhya Pradesh 470661
- Hotel Maharaja Palace,Jabalpur Road, Choupra Khurd, Opposite Polytechnic collage, Damoh, Madhya Pradesh 470661
Theatres in Damoh district:
- Behram Talkies - Cinepath Road, Damoh
Tehsil in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|3||Bank Of Baroda||1|
|4||Bank Of India||1|
|6||Central Bank Of India||4|
|8||ICICI Bank Limited||1|
|10||Punjab National Bank||1|
|11||State Bank Of India||21|
|14||Union Bank Of India||7|