Datia district Information
Tehsils in Datia district:
About Datia district:
Datia is a district in Madhya Pradesh state, India. The total area of the district is 2694 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 786375 living in houses, among them male population is 419432 and female population is 366943. Sex ratio of the district is 873 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 72.63%.
Datia district vehicle registration code is MP 32. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Datia.
Electricity board in Madhya Pradesh:
- Regulatory Commission - Madhya Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Generating Companies - Madhya Pradesh Power Generating Company Limited (MPGCL)
- Transmission Companies - Madhya Pradesh Power Transmission Corporation Limited (MPPTCL), Madhya Pradesh State Load Despatch Centre (MPSLDC)
- Distribution Companies - Madhya Pradesh Paschim Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited (MPPKVVCL), Madhya Pradesh Poorv Kshetra Vidyut Vitran Company Limited (MPPKVVC), Madhya Pradesh Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited (MPMKVVCL)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- 1 to 50 units = Rs.3.65 per unit
- 51 to 100 units = Rs.4.35 per unit
- 101 to 300 units = Rs.5.60 per unit
- 301 and above units = Rs.6.10 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Khajuraho Festival of Dance, Tansen Music Festival, Shivratri Mela, Pachmarhi, Navratri Festival, Ujjain, Chethiyagiri Vihara Festival, Sanchi, Madai, Dussehra/Vijay Dashmi, Diwali, Bahgoriya, The Fair of Nagaji, Nimar Utsav, Ameer Khan Festival, Dhrupad Samaroh, Malwa Utsava Ujjain and Indore, Shab-I-Barat, Krishna Janamashtmi are the major festivals celebrated in Datia district.
Bhutte ki Khees, Poha, Dal Bhafla, Jalebi, Khurma, Shrikhand, Malpua, Kophrapak, Roghan Josh, Korma, Seekh Kebab, Achari Gosht, Shami kebab, Saboodana ( Pearl Sago) Khichdi, Bhopali Paan, Chhola Burger, Garoda Chat, Mawa-bati, Gulab Jamuns are few of the many varieties of Datia.
Top tourist places in Datia:
Places of interest in Datia:
Bir Singh Palace, Jain Temple Sonagir, Pitambara Peeth, Sonagiri, Peethambara Peeth, Govind Palace are the major tourist attractions of the district.
paddy, wheat, maize, jowar, gram, tur, urad, moong, soybean, groundnut, mustard, cotton and sugarcane are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Datia:
- Tourist Motel (Hotel),Aman Colony, Datia, Madhya Pradesh 475661
- Hotel Blue Star,Opp. Sita Sagar, Pitambara Mandir Road, Datia, Madhya Pradesh 475661
- Hotel Prakshi Palace,Datia, NH-75, Datia, Datia, Madhya Pradesh 475661
- Hotel Sangeeta,Datia, Madhya Pradesh 475661
- Hotel Ramji Vatika,Ganj Rajgarh Marg, Datia, Madhya Pradesh 475661
- Tanya Hotel & Restaurant,Datia, Madhya Pradesh 475661
Theatres in Datia district:
Tehsil in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|3||Bank Of Baroda||1|
|5||Central Bank Of India||4|
|8||Indian Overseas Bank||1|
|9||Punjab And Sind Bank||1|
|10||Punjab National Bank||2|
|11||State Bank Of India||9|
|14||Union Bank Of India||1|