Dewas district Information
Tehsils in Dewas district:
About Dewas district:
Dewas is a district in Madhya Pradesh state, India. The total area of the district is 7020 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 1563107 living in houses, among them male population is 805212 and female population is 757895. Sex ratio of the district is 942 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 69.35%.
Dewas district vehicle registration code is MP 41. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Dewas.
Electricity board in Madhya Pradesh:
- Regulatory Commission - Madhya Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Generating Companies - Madhya Pradesh Power Generating Company Limited (MPGCL)
- Transmission Companies - Madhya Pradesh Power Transmission Corporation Limited (MPPTCL), Madhya Pradesh State Load Despatch Centre (MPSLDC)
- Distribution Companies - Madhya Pradesh Paschim Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited (MPPKVVCL), Madhya Pradesh Poorv Kshetra Vidyut Vitran Company Limited (MPPKVVC), Madhya Pradesh Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited (MPMKVVCL)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- 1 to 50 units = Rs.3.65 per unit
- 51 to 100 units = Rs.4.35 per unit
- 101 to 300 units = Rs.5.60 per unit
- 301 and above units = Rs.6.10 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Khajuraho Festival of Dance, Tansen Music Festival, Shivratri Mela, Pachmarhi, Navratri Festival, Ujjain, Chethiyagiri Vihara Festival, Sanchi, Madai, Dussehra/Vijay Dashmi, Diwali, Bahgoriya, The Fair of Nagaji, Nimar Utsav, Ameer Khan Festival, Dhrupad Samaroh, Malwa Utsava Ujjain and Indore, Shab-I-Barat, Krishna Janamashtmi are the major festivals celebrated in Dewas district.
Bhutte ki Khees, Poha, Dal Bhafla, Jalebi, Khurma, Shrikhand, Malpua, Kophrapak, Roghan Josh, Korma, Seekh Kebab, Achari Gosht, Shami kebab, Saboodana ( Pearl Sago) Khichdi, Bhopali Paan, Chhola Burger, Garoda Chat, Mawa-bati, Gulab Jamuns are few of the many varieties of Dewas.
Top tourist places in Dewas:
Places of interest in Dewas:
Dewas senior palace, Khivni Sanctuary, Siddhi Vinayak ganesh mandir, Chamunda Tekri, Kela Devi, Siddheshwar Mahadev, Dharaji, Mahakaleshwar Bilawali, Maa Chamunda Mandir, Kaila Devi Temple, Dewas Tekri, Maa Chamunda Aur Tulja Bhawani, Kheoni Wildlife Sanctuary are the major tourist attractions of the district.
paddy, wheat, maize, jowar, gram, tur, urad, moong, soybean, groundnut, mustard, cotton and sugarcane are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Dewas:
- Hotel Shri Khedapati International,5 Kothi Road Civil Lines, Dewas, Madhya Pradesh 455001
- Nandan Kanan, Indore Dewas, AB Road, Opp. ITC Choupal Sagar, Lohar Pipalya, Dewas, Madhya Pradesh 455001
- Hotel Utsav, 2nd Floor, AB Road, Pradhikaran Market, Near SBI, Gomti Nagar, Dewas, Madhya Pradesh 455001
- Hotel Sheeba,AB Rd, Kalani Bagh, Gomti Nagar, Dewas, Madhya Pradesh 455111
- Srishti Hotel, Bhopal Road, Bypass, Vishwas Garden, Adarsh Nagar, Itawa, Dewas, Madhya Pradesh 455001
- Avirat Inn,Shop No. 2, AB Rd, Chamunda Kunj Colony, Ganga Nagar, Dewas, Madhya Pradesh 455001
- Hotel Sagar,19, Railway Station Rd, Itawa, Dewas, Madhya Pradesh 455001
- Hotel Nitin, 227, AB Rd, Dewas, Madhya Pradesh 455001
Theatres in Dewas district:
- Sanjay - Near Bus Stand, Sonkatch
- Yash Cinema - Pardesipura, Tonkhurd
Tehsil in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|4||Bank Of Baroda||5|
|5||Bank Of India||3|
|6||Bank Of Maharashtra||1|
|8||Central Bank Of India||4|
|12||ICICI Bank Limited||3|
|15||Indian Overseas Bank||1|
|16||Oriental Bank Of Commerce||1|
|17||Punjab And Sind Bank||2|
|18||Punjab National Bank||2|
|19||Ratnakar Bank Limited||1|
|20||State Bank Of India||20|
|23||Union Bank Of India||4|
|24||United Bank Of India||1|