Dhar district Information
Tehsils in Dhar district:
About Dhar district:
Dhar is a district in Madhya Pradesh state, India. The total area of the district is 8153 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 2184672 living in houses, among them male population is 1114267 and female population is 1070405. Sex ratio of the district is 964 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 59%.
Dhar district vehicle registration code is MP 11. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Dhar.
Electricity board in Madhya Pradesh:
- Regulatory Commission - Madhya Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Generating Companies - Madhya Pradesh Power Generating Company Limited (MPGCL)
- Transmission Companies - Madhya Pradesh Power Transmission Corporation Limited (MPPTCL), Madhya Pradesh State Load Despatch Centre (MPSLDC)
- Distribution Companies - Madhya Pradesh Paschim Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited (MPPKVVCL), Madhya Pradesh Poorv Kshetra Vidyut Vitran Company Limited (MPPKVVC), Madhya Pradesh Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited (MPMKVVCL)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- 1 to 50 units = Rs.3.65 per unit
- 51 to 100 units = Rs.4.35 per unit
- 101 to 300 units = Rs.5.60 per unit
- 301 and above units = Rs.6.10 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Khajuraho Festival of Dance, Tansen Music Festival, Shivratri Mela, Pachmarhi, Navratri Festival, Ujjain, Chethiyagiri Vihara Festival, Sanchi, Madai, Dussehra/Vijay Dashmi, Diwali, Bahgoriya, The Fair of Nagaji, Nimar Utsav, Ameer Khan Festival, Dhrupad Samaroh, Malwa Utsava Ujjain and Indore, Shab-I-Barat, Krishna Janamashtmi are the major festivals celebrated in Dhar district.
Bhutte ki Khees, Poha, Dal Bhafla, Jalebi, Khurma, Shrikhand, Malpua, Kophrapak, Roghan Josh, Korma, Seekh Kebab, Achari Gosht, Shami kebab, Saboodana ( Pearl Sago) Khichdi, Bhopali Paan, Chhola Burger, Garoda Chat, Mawa-bati, Gulab Jamuns are few of the many varieties of Dhar.
Top tourist places in Dhar:
Places of interest in Dhar:
Mandu, Gateways, Jahaz Mahal, Hindola Mahal, Tomb of Hoshang Shah, Jami Masjid, Roopmati's Pavillion, Bagh Caves, Saraswati Ayan Mandir, Hanuman Mandir, Shri Sai Mandir, Mata Ji Mandir, Shri Ram Mandir, shri raj rajendra museum, santoshi mata mandIr are the major tourist attractions of the district.
paddy, wheat, maize, jowar, gram, tur, urad, moong, soybean, groundnut, mustard, cotton and sugarcane are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Dhar:
- HOTEL NATRAJ PALACE,Trimurti Nagar, Dhar, Madhya Pradesh 454001
- Shrinath Residency ,Dhar indore Road, Dhar, Madhya Pradesh 454001
- Rudraksh Inn,Indore Road in front of sports authority, Jetpura, Dhar, Madhya Pradesh 454001
- Rupmati Hotel,Dhar rd, Mandu, Dhar, Madhya Pradesh 454010
Theatres in Dhar district:
- Neha Miniplex - Near Saii Sweets, Pithampur
Tehsil in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|4||Bank Of Baroda||6|
|5||Bank Of India||6|
|6||Bank Of Maharashtra||9|
|8||Central Bank Of India||5|
|12||ICICI Bank Limited||6|
|15||Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited||1|
|16||Punjab And Sind Bank||1|
|17||Punjab National Bank||1|
|18||Ratnakar Bank Limited||1|
|19||State Bank Of India||18|
|21||Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Limited||2|
|23||Union Bank Of India||5|