Guna district Information
Tehsils in Guna district:
About Guna district:
Guna is a district in Madhya Pradesh state, India. The total area of the district is 6485 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 1240938 living in houses, among them male population is 649591 and female population is 591347. Sex ratio of the district is 943 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 66.39%.
Guna district vehicle registration code is MP 08. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Guna.
Electricity board in Madhya Pradesh:
- Regulatory Commission - Madhya Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Generating Companies - Madhya Pradesh Power Generating Company Limited (MPGCL)
- Transmission Companies - Madhya Pradesh Power Transmission Corporation Limited (MPPTCL), Madhya Pradesh State Load Despatch Centre (MPSLDC)
- Distribution Companies - Madhya Pradesh Paschim Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited (MPPKVVCL), Madhya Pradesh Poorv Kshetra Vidyut Vitran Company Limited (MPPKVVC), Madhya Pradesh Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited (MPMKVVCL)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- 1 to 50 units = Rs.3.65 per unit
- 51 to 100 units = Rs.4.35 per unit
- 101 to 300 units = Rs.5.60 per unit
- 301 and above units = Rs.6.10 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Khajuraho Festival of Dance, Tansen Music Festival, Shivratri Mela, Pachmarhi, Navratri Festival, Ujjain, Chethiyagiri Vihara Festival, Sanchi, Madai, Dussehra/Vijay Dashmi, Diwali, Bahgoriya, The Fair of Nagaji, Nimar Utsav, Ameer Khan Festival, Dhrupad Samaroh, Malwa Utsava Ujjain and Indore, Shab-I-Barat, Krishna Janamashtmi are the major festivals celebrated in Guna district.
Bhutte ki Khees, Poha, Dal Bhafla, Jalebi, Khurma, Shrikhand, Malpua, Kophrapak, Roghan Josh, Korma, Seekh Kebab, Achari Gosht, Shami kebab, Saboodana ( Pearl Sago) Khichdi, Bhopali Paan, Chhola Burger, Garoda Chat, Mawa-bati, Gulab Jamuns are few of the many varieties of Guna.
Top tourist places in Guna:
Places of interest in Guna:
Bajrangarh Fort, Jain Temple, Bishbhuji Temple, The Fort of Bhadora, Panchmukhi Hanuman Ashram, Gopi Krishna Sagar Dam, Hanuman Tekri, Jainagarh are the major tourist attractions of the district.
paddy, wheat, maize, jowar, gram, tur, urad, moong, soybean, groundnut, mustard, cotton and sugarcane are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Guna:
- Hotel Varun,Choudharan Colony, Soni Colony, Guna, Madhya Pradesh 473001
- Hotel Jain Residency, Choudhary Mohalla, Guna, Madhya Pradesh 473001
- Hotel The Sara, A.B. Road Guna, Madhya Pradesh
- Hotel Raj Villas,A.B. Road, Nana Kheri, Near Dada Badi, Guna, Madhya Pradesh 473001
- Hotel The Sara ,A B Road, Guna, Madhya Pradesh 473001
- Hotel Siddharth,Laxmi Ganj, Guna, Madhya Pradesh 473001
- Hotel Shubham,National Highway 3, Hanuman Colony, Guna, Madhya Pradesh 473001
- Hotel Prem Shri,railway station, Ghosipura, Guna, Madhya Pradesh 473001
Theatres in Guna district:
Tehsil in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|2||Bank Of Baroda||2|
|3||Bank Of India||1|
|4||Bank Of Maharashtra||1|
|6||Central Bank Of India||2|
|10||ICICI Bank Limited||3|
|12||Indian Overseas Bank||1|
|13||Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited||1|
|14||Oriental Bank Of Commerce||1|
|15||Punjab And Sind Bank||1|
|16||Punjab National Bank||3|
|17||State Bank Of India||25|
|20||Union Bank Of India||6|