Hoshangabad district Information
Tehsils in Hoshangabad district:
About Hoshangabad district:
Hoshangabad is a district in Madhya Pradesh state, India. The total area of the district is 6698 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 1240975 living in houses, among them male population is 648970 and female population is 592005. Sex ratio of the district is 935 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 72.5%.
Hoshangabad district vehicle registration code is MP 05. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Hoshangabad.
Electricity board in Madhya Pradesh:
- Regulatory Commission - Madhya Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Generating Companies - Madhya Pradesh Power Generating Company Limited (MPGCL)
- Transmission Companies - Madhya Pradesh Power Transmission Corporation Limited (MPPTCL), Madhya Pradesh State Load Despatch Centre (MPSLDC)
- Distribution Companies - Madhya Pradesh Paschim Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited (MPPKVVCL), Madhya Pradesh Poorv Kshetra Vidyut Vitran Company Limited (MPPKVVC), Madhya Pradesh Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited (MPMKVVCL)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- 1 to 50 units = Rs.3.65 per unit
- 51 to 100 units = Rs.4.35 per unit
- 101 to 300 units = Rs.5.60 per unit
- 301 and above units = Rs.6.10 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Khajuraho Festival of Dance, Tansen Music Festival, Shivratri Mela, Pachmarhi, Navratri Festival, Ujjain, Chethiyagiri Vihara Festival, Sanchi, Madai, Dussehra/Vijay Dashmi, Diwali, Bahgoriya, The Fair of Nagaji, Nimar Utsav, Ameer Khan Festival, Dhrupad Samaroh, Malwa Utsava Ujjain and Indore, Shab-I-Barat, Krishna Janamashtmi are the major festivals celebrated in Hoshangabad district.
Bhutte ki Khees, Poha, Dal Bhafla, Jalebi, Khurma, Shrikhand, Malpua, Kophrapak, Roghan Josh, Korma, Seekh Kebab, Achari Gosht, Shami kebab, Saboodana ( Pearl Sago) Khichdi, Bhopali Paan, Chhola Burger, Garoda Chat, Mawa-bati, Gulab Jamuns are few of the many varieties of Hoshangabad.
Top tourist places in Hoshangabad:
Places of interest in Hoshangabad:
Jata Shankar Caves, Catholic Church, Gayatri Temple, Hanuman Temple, Jagdeesh Mandir, Shri Dutt Mandir, Mahavir Theatre are the major tourist attractions of the district.
paddy, wheat, maize, jowar, gram, tur, urad, moong, soybean, groundnut, mustard, cotton and sugarcane are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Hoshangabad:
- HOTEL BRIJWASI ROYAL, Katni, Madhya Pradesh, Khirahni Bridge, Katni, Madhya Pradesh 483501
- Hotel Pankaj Palace,BARHI ROAD, Gole Bazar, Katni, Madhya Pradesh 483501
- HOTEL RAJ PALACE,Krishi Upaj Mandi Road, Paharua, Katni, Madhya Pradesh 483501
- Hotel Shrikrishna,Barhi Rd, Gole Bazar, Katni, Madhya Pradesh 483501
- Hotel Samdareeya Katni,Madhav Nagar Main Road, Gram Panchayat Chowk, Madhav Nagar, Katni, Madhya Pradesh 483503
- Blue Diamond hotel, Nai Basti, Nayi Basti, Katni, Madhya Pradesh 483501
- Hotel The Arindum,Nagar Katni, H.No.53, Shanti Nagar, Katni, NH 7, Madhav Nagar, Katni, Madhya Pradesh 483501
- Hotel Grand Meridian, City Mall, Near Railway Station, Katni, Madhya Pradesh 483501
- Kadambari Hotel,Katni Road , National Highway -7, Maihar, Madhya Pradesh 485771
- Radhika Hotel And Restaurant,Opposite Katni Bus Station, NH 7, Badera, Katni, Madhya Pradesh 483501
Theatres in Hoshangabad district:
Tehsil in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|4||Bank Of Baroda||4|
|5||Bank Of India||2|
|6||Bank Of Maharashtra||3|
|8||Central Bank Of India||15|
|10||DCB Bank Limited||3|
|14||ICICI Bank Limited||14|
|17||Indian Overseas Bank||1|
|19||Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited||2|
|20||Punjab And Sind Bank||2|
|21||Punjab National Bank||1|
|22||Ratnakar Bank Limited||3|
|23||State Bank Of India||25|
|25||Union Bank Of India||2|