Mandsaur district Information
Tehsils in Mandsaur district:
About Mandsaur district:
Mandsaur is a district in Madhya Pradesh state, India. The total area of the district is 5530 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 1339832 living in houses, among them male population is 681439 and female population is 658393. Sex ratio of the district is 840 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 71.03%.
Mandsaur district vehicle registration code is MP 14. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Mandsaur.
Electricity board in Madhya Pradesh:
- Regulatory Commission - Madhya Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Generating Companies - Madhya Pradesh Power Generating Company Limited (MPGCL)
- Transmission Companies - Madhya Pradesh Power Transmission Corporation Limited (MPPTCL), Madhya Pradesh State Load Despatch Centre (MPSLDC)
- Distribution Companies - Madhya Pradesh Paschim Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited (MPPKVVCL), Madhya Pradesh Poorv Kshetra Vidyut Vitran Company Limited (MPPKVVC), Madhya Pradesh Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited (MPMKVVCL)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- 1 to 50 units = Rs.3.65 per unit
- 51 to 100 units = Rs.4.35 per unit
- 101 to 300 units = Rs.5.60 per unit
- 301 and above units = Rs.6.10 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Khajuraho Festival of Dance, Tansen Music Festival, Shivratri Mela, Pachmarhi, Navratri Festival, Ujjain, Chethiyagiri Vihara Festival, Sanchi, Madai, Dussehra/Vijay Dashmi, Diwali, Bahgoriya, The Fair of Nagaji, Nimar Utsav, Ameer Khan Festival, Dhrupad Samaroh, Malwa Utsava Ujjain and Indore, Shab-I-Barat, Krishna Janamashtmi are the major festivals celebrated in Mandsaur district.
Bhutte ki Khees, Poha, Dal Bhafla, Jalebi, Khurma, Shrikhand, Malpua, Kophrapak, Roghan Josh, Korma, Seekh Kebab, Achari Gosht, Shami kebab, Saboodana ( Pearl Sago) Khichdi, Bhopali Paan, Chhola Burger, Garoda Chat, Mawa-bati, Gulab Jamuns are few of the many varieties of Mandsaur.
Top tourist places in Mandsaur:
Places of interest in Mandsaur:
panchmukhi hanumanji, Nalchha Mata Mandir, Dashpur Museum, Hanuman Mandir, Hanuman Mandir, Sai Mandir, sri hanumanji mandir, Okha Bawaji Maharaj, Ram Mandir, Shiv Mandir, Balaji Temple, jai bajarangabali temple, Shiv Mandir Temple are the major tourist attractions of the district.
paddy, wheat, maize, jowar, gram, tur, urad, moong, soybean, groundnut, mustard, cotton and sugarcane are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Mandsaur:
- Hotel Rituvan,Railway Station Road, Near Natha Chorya, Mandsaur, Madhya Pradesh 458001
- Hotel Dev Residency,Sanjay Gandhi Udyan Road, Near Maharaana Prataph Square, Nai Abaadi, Mandsaur, Madhya Pradesh 458001
- Hotel Galaxy Inn, Nayapura Road, NEAR MAHARANA PRATAP BUS STAND, Mandsaur, Madhya Pradesh 458001
- Hotel Neelam,Near Old Bus Stand, Kalakhet Road, Mandsaur, Madhya Pradesh 458002
- Hotel Aashirwad,Police Colony, Mandsaur, Madhya Pradesh 458001
Theatres in Mandsaur district:
- Rituvan Cine Square - Railway Station Road, Mandsaur
Tehsil in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|3||Bank Of Baroda||2|
|4||Bank Of India||1|
|6||Central Bank Of India||14|
|10||ICICI Bank Limited||4|
|13||Indian Overseas Bank||1|
|14||Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited||1|
|15||Oriental Bank Of Commerce||1|
|16||Punjab National Bank||3|
|17||State Bank Of India||22|
|20||Union Bank Of India||1|