Ratlam district Information
Tehsils in Ratlam district:
About Ratlam district:
Ratlam is a district in Madhya Pradesh state, India. The total area of the district is 4861 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 1454483 living in houses, among them male population is 737365 and female population is 717118. Sex ratio of the district is 931 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 71.62%.
Ratlam district vehicle registration code is MP 43. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Ratlam.
Electricity board in Madhya Pradesh:
- Regulatory Commission - Madhya Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Generating Companies - Madhya Pradesh Power Generating Company Limited (MPGCL)
- Transmission Companies - Madhya Pradesh Power Transmission Corporation Limited (MPPTCL), Madhya Pradesh State Load Despatch Centre (MPSLDC)
- Distribution Companies - Madhya Pradesh Paschim Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited (MPPKVVCL), Madhya Pradesh Poorv Kshetra Vidyut Vitran Company Limited (MPPKVVC), Madhya Pradesh Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited (MPMKVVCL)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- 1 to 50 units = Rs.3.65 per unit
- 51 to 100 units = Rs.4.35 per unit
- 101 to 300 units = Rs.5.60 per unit
- 301 and above units = Rs.6.10 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Khajuraho Festival of Dance, Tansen Music Festival, Shivratri Mela, Pachmarhi, Navratri Festival, Ujjain, Chethiyagiri Vihara Festival, Sanchi, Madai, Dussehra/Vijay Dashmi, Diwali, Bahgoriya, The Fair of Nagaji, Nimar Utsav, Ameer Khan Festival, Dhrupad Samaroh, Malwa Utsava Ujjain and Indore, Shab-I-Barat, Krishna Janamashtmi are the major festivals celebrated in Ratlam district.
Bhutte ki Khees, Poha, Dal Bhafla, Jalebi, Khurma, Shrikhand, Malpua, Kophrapak, Roghan Josh, Korma, Seekh Kebab, Achari Gosht, Shami kebab, Saboodana ( Pearl Sago) Khichdi, Bhopali Paan, Chhola Burger, Garoda Chat, Mawa-bati, Gulab Jamuns are few of the many varieties of Ratlam.
Top tourist places in Ratlam:
Places of interest in Ratlam:
Cactus Garden Sailana, Shri Shantinath Digmber Jain Mandir, Kalka Mata Temple, Siva Temple, Jhar, Bilpakeshwara Temple, Kharmour Bird Sanctuary, Kedareshwar Temple, Sagod Jain Temple, Dholawad dam, Piploda Village are the major tourist attractions of the district.
paddy, wheat, maize, jowar, gram, tur, urad, moong, soybean, groundnut, mustard, cotton and sugarcane are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Ratlam:
- Hotel Balaji Central,Sailana Road, Opposite GTB Academy, Ratlam, Madhya Pradesh 457001
- Hotel Sagar Castle, Daat Ki pool, Railway Colony Main Rd, Railway Colony, Ratlam, Madhya Pradesh 457001
- Hotel Sweet Avenue, Datkipool Road, Do batti Circle, Opposite DRM Office, Ratlam, Madhya Pradesh 457001
- Hotel Palash,NH 79, Samta Nagar, Ratlam, Madhya Pradesh 457001
- Hotel Shri Balaji Palace,38, Near Gujarati School, New Road, Ratlam, Madhya Pradesh 457001
- Hotel Shivang Palace, Bapu Nagar, 72, Station Rd, Bapu Nagar, Ratlam, Madhya Pradesh 457001
- Hotel Mayank, Ratlam,Bapu Nagar, Ratlam, Madhya Pradesh 457001
- Ashok Hotel,21/2, Station Rd, Ratlam, Madhya Pradesh 457001
- Golden Tower Hotel, Mhow Road, Near Royal Collage, Ratlam, Madhya Pradesh 457001
- Hotel Narayani Palace, Ratnapuri, 80 Feet Road,, Ratlam, Madhya Pradesh 457001
- Hotel Rudra Palace,Behind Barbad Hanuman Temple, Sailana Road, Ratlam, Madhya Pradesh 457001
- Hotel Sweet Avenue Grande,32/1 Ajanta talkies road, Ratlam, Madhya Pradesh 457001
Theatres in Ratlam district:
- Kanchan Shree - Ratlami Gate, Jaora
- Shabnam Talkies - Purana Mahal, Jaora
Tehsil in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|3||Bank Of Baroda||6|
|4||Bank Of India||2|
|5||Bank Of Maharashtra||1|
|7||Central Bank Of India||19|
|11||ICICI Bank Limited||7|
|14||Indian Overseas Bank||1|
|15||Oriental Bank Of Commerce||1|
|16||Punjab And Sind Bank||3|
|17||Punjab National Bank||3|
|18||State Bank Of Bikaner And Jaipur||1|
|19||State Bank Of India||29|
|22||Union Bank Of India||7|
|23||United Bank Of India||1|