Seoni district Information
Tehsils in Seoni district:
About Seoni district:
Seoni is a district in Madhya Pradesh state, India. The total area of the district is 8758 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 1378876 living in houses, among them male population is 694916 and female population is 683960. Sex ratio of the district is 974 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 66.67%.
Seoni district vehicle registration code is MP 22. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Seoni.
Electricity board in Madhya Pradesh:
- Regulatory Commission - Madhya Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Generating Companies - Madhya Pradesh Power Generating Company Limited (MPGCL)
- Transmission Companies - Madhya Pradesh Power Transmission Corporation Limited (MPPTCL), Madhya Pradesh State Load Despatch Centre (MPSLDC)
- Distribution Companies - Madhya Pradesh Paschim Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited (MPPKVVCL), Madhya Pradesh Poorv Kshetra Vidyut Vitran Company Limited (MPPKVVC), Madhya Pradesh Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited (MPMKVVCL)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- 1 to 50 units = Rs.3.65 per unit
- 51 to 100 units = Rs.4.35 per unit
- 101 to 300 units = Rs.5.60 per unit
- 301 and above units = Rs.6.10 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Khajuraho Festival of Dance, Tansen Music Festival, Shivratri Mela, Pachmarhi, Navratri Festival, Ujjain, Chethiyagiri Vihara Festival, Sanchi, Madai, Dussehra/Vijay Dashmi, Diwali, Bahgoriya, The Fair of Nagaji, Nimar Utsav, Ameer Khan Festival, Dhrupad Samaroh, Malwa Utsava Ujjain and Indore, Shab-I-Barat, Krishna Janamashtmi are the major festivals celebrated in Seoni district.
Bhutte ki Khees, Poha, Dal Bhafla, Jalebi, Khurma, Shrikhand, Malpua, Kophrapak, Roghan Josh, Korma, Seekh Kebab, Achari Gosht, Shami kebab, Saboodana ( Pearl Sago) Khichdi, Bhopali Paan, Chhola Burger, Garoda Chat, Mawa-bati, Gulab Jamuns are few of the many varieties of Seoni.
Top tourist places in Seoni:
Places of interest in Seoni:
Amodagarh, Mahakaleshwar Mandir, Pench Tiger Reserve, Shiva Temple (Mahakaleshwar Temple), Bhimgarh Sanjay Sarovar Dam are the major tourist attractions of the district.
paddy, wheat, maize, jowar, gram, tur, urad, moong, soybean, groundnut, mustard, cotton and sugarcane are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Seoni:
- Hotel Anand,Nehru Rd, Subhash Ward, Seoni, Madhya Pradesh 480661
- Hotel Natraj Palace,Wardha Rd, PWD Colony, Barapatthar, Seoni, Madhya Pradesh 480661
- Nazeer Hotel,NH 7, Opp Bus Stand, Seoni, Madhya Pradesh 480661
- Mahua Vann Pench, Village Kuppitola, Khwasa, Seoni, Madhya Pradesh 480 881
- Aman Hotel,Sunari Mohalla, Seoni, Madhya Pradesh 480661
Theatres in Seoni district:
- EOS Cinemas - Chindwara Road, Seoni
Tehsil in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|3||Bank Of Baroda||1|
|4||Bank Of India||1|
|5||Bank Of Maharashtra||9|
|7||Central Bank Of India||9|
|9||ICICI Bank Limited||1|
|11||Indian Overseas Bank||1|
|12||Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited||1|
|13||Punjab National Bank||1|
|14||State Bank Of India||9|
|16||Union Bank Of India||6|