Sheopur district Information
Tehsils in Sheopur district:
About Sheopur district:
Sheopur is a district in Madhya Pradesh state, India. The total area of the district is 6585 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 687952 living in houses, among them male population is 361685 and female population is 326267. Sex ratio of the district is 877 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 62.55%.
Sheopur district vehicle registration code is MP 31. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Sheopur.
Electricity board in Madhya Pradesh:
- Regulatory Commission - Madhya Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Generating Companies - Madhya Pradesh Power Generating Company Limited (MPGCL)
- Transmission Companies - Madhya Pradesh Power Transmission Corporation Limited (MPPTCL), Madhya Pradesh State Load Despatch Centre (MPSLDC)
- Distribution Companies - Madhya Pradesh Paschim Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited (MPPKVVCL), Madhya Pradesh Poorv Kshetra Vidyut Vitran Company Limited (MPPKVVC), Madhya Pradesh Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited (MPMKVVCL)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- 1 to 50 units = Rs.3.65 per unit
- 51 to 100 units = Rs.4.35 per unit
- 101 to 300 units = Rs.5.60 per unit
- 301 and above units = Rs.6.10 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Khajuraho Festival of Dance, Tansen Music Festival, Shivratri Mela, Pachmarhi, Navratri Festival, Ujjain, Chethiyagiri Vihara Festival, Sanchi, Madai, Dussehra/Vijay Dashmi, Diwali, Bahgoriya, The Fair of Nagaji, Nimar Utsav, Ameer Khan Festival, Dhrupad Samaroh, Malwa Utsava Ujjain and Indore, Shab-I-Barat, Krishna Janamashtmi are the major festivals celebrated in Sheopur district.
Bhutte ki Khees, Poha, Dal Bhafla, Jalebi, Khurma, Shrikhand, Malpua, Kophrapak, Roghan Josh, Korma, Seekh Kebab, Achari Gosht, Shami kebab, Saboodana ( Pearl Sago) Khichdi, Bhopali Paan, Chhola Burger, Garoda Chat, Mawa-bati, Gulab Jamuns are few of the many varieties of Sheopur.
Top tourist places in Sheopur:
Places of interest in Sheopur:
Sheopur Fort, Kuno-Palpur Wildlife Sanctuary, ram mandir, gupteswar mahadev, ram talai hanuman temple, khulkhuli mata mandir are the major tourist attractions of the district.
paddy, wheat, maize, jowar, gram, tur, urad, moong, soybean, groundnut, mustard, cotton and sugarcane are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Sheopur district:
- Bijaipur Road
- Dantarda Kalan
- Sheopur Kalan
Insurance Companies in Sheopur:
- LIC Office ,Sheopur, Madhya Pradesh 476337
Lawyers (Advocates) in Sheopur:
Blood banks in Sheopur:
- District Hospital ,District Hospital
Trading companies in Sheopur:
Hotels in Sheopur:
- Hotel Mangal Palace,01, MP SH 6, Sheopur, Madhya Pradesh 476337
- Hotel Jai Shree Palace, Salapura, Sheopur, SH-6, Pali Road, Sheopur, Sheopur, Madhya Pradesh 476339
- Hotel Sonchiraiya,Circular Road, Gwalior Bypass, Shivpuri, Madhya Pradesh 473551
- Taj Hotel,Sheopur, SH-6, MS Road, Sheopur, Sheopur, Madhya Pradesh 476337
Theatres in Sheopur district:
Tehsil in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|2||Bank Of Baroda||1|
|4||Central Bank Of India||1|
|5||ICICI Bank Limited||1|
|7||State Bank Of India||9|
|9||Union Bank Of India||2|