Shivpuri district Information
Tehsils in Shivpuri district:
About Shivpuri district:
Shivpuri is a district in Madhya Pradesh state, India. The total area of the district is 10290 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 1725818 living in houses, among them male population is 919405 and female population is 806413. Sex ratio of the district is 957 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 64.43%.
Shivpuri district vehicle registration code is MP 33. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Shivpuri.
Electricity board in Madhya Pradesh:
- Regulatory Commission - Madhya Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Generating Companies - Madhya Pradesh Power Generating Company Limited (MPGCL)
- Transmission Companies - Madhya Pradesh Power Transmission Corporation Limited (MPPTCL), Madhya Pradesh State Load Despatch Centre (MPSLDC)
- Distribution Companies - Madhya Pradesh Paschim Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited (MPPKVVCL), Madhya Pradesh Poorv Kshetra Vidyut Vitran Company Limited (MPPKVVC), Madhya Pradesh Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited (MPMKVVCL)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- 1 to 50 units = Rs.3.65 per unit
- 51 to 100 units = Rs.4.35 per unit
- 101 to 300 units = Rs.5.60 per unit
- 301 and above units = Rs.6.10 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Khajuraho Festival of Dance, Tansen Music Festival, Shivratri Mela, Pachmarhi, Navratri Festival, Ujjain, Chethiyagiri Vihara Festival, Sanchi, Madai, Dussehra/Vijay Dashmi, Diwali, Bahgoriya, The Fair of Nagaji, Nimar Utsav, Ameer Khan Festival, Dhrupad Samaroh, Malwa Utsava Ujjain and Indore, Shab-I-Barat, Krishna Janamashtmi are the major festivals celebrated in Shivpuri district.
Bhutte ki Khees, Poha, Dal Bhafla, Jalebi, Khurma, Shrikhand, Malpua, Kophrapak, Roghan Josh, Korma, Seekh Kebab, Achari Gosht, Shami kebab, Saboodana ( Pearl Sago) Khichdi, Bhopali Paan, Chhola Burger, Garoda Chat, Mawa-bati, Gulab Jamuns are few of the many varieties of Shivpuri.
Top tourist places in Shivpuri:
Places of interest in Shivpuri:
Chhatris, Bhadiya Kund, Sakhya Sagar Lake, Survaya ki Garhi, Madhav Vilas Palace, Karera Bird Sanctuary, Tatya Tope Memorial, Madikheda Dam, Bhoora Khon Waterfall, Pawa Waterfalls, Mohini Pik Up Wear, Sultan Garh Falls, Sultan Garh Falls, Terahi Temple, Mahua Shiva Temple, Shivpuri District Museum, Narwar Fort are the major tourist attractions of the district.
paddy, wheat, maize, jowar, gram, tur, urad, moong, soybean, groundnut, mustard, cotton and sugarcane are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Shivpuri:
- Hotel Varun Inn,Nai Ki Bagiya, Hospital Road, Shivpuri, Madhya Pradesh 473551
- Hotel Sonchiraiya,Circular Road, Gwalior Bypass, Shivpuri, Madhya Pradesh 473551
- HOTEL PS RESIDENCY,Near Pohari Chouraha, Gwalior-Guna by Pass Road, Shivpuri, Madhya Pradesh 473551
- Gulmohar Hotel,Near pohri bus stand chauraha guna Bypass road, shivpuri, Shivpuri, Madhya Pradesh 473551
- Hotel Anuj Palace,Shivpuri,, Mahal Colony, Shivpuri, Madhya Pradesh 473551
- Hotel Tarun Residency Shivpuri,Near of Vishnu Mandir Market, Shivpuri, Madhya Pradesh 473551
- Hotel Shubham Palace,Circular Road, Khinni naka, Shivpuri Rd, Mahal Colony, Shivpuri, Madhya Pradesh 473551
- Hotel Castle Inn, Lal Kothi Campus, Shivpuri, Madhya Pradesh 473551
- Delhi Hotel,Indira Colony, Shivpuri, Madhya Pradesh 473551
- Hotel Shivam Paradise,Shakti Colony, Indira Colony, Shivpuri, Madhya Pradesh 473551
Theatres in Shivpuri district:
Tehsil in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|3||Bank Of Baroda||2|
|4||Bank Of India||1|
|6||Central Bank Of India||5|
|8||ICICI Bank Limited||1|
|10||Punjab And Sind Bank||1|
|11||Punjab National Bank||1|
|12||State Bank Of India||22|
|15||Union Bank Of India||1|