Tikamgarh district Information
Tehsils in Tikamgarh district:
About Tikamgarh district:
Tikamgarh is a district in Madhya Pradesh state, India. The total area of the district is 5055 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 1444920 living in houses, among them male population is 759891 and female population is 685029. Sex ratio of the district is 955 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 72.34%.
Tikamgarh district vehicle registration code is MP 36. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Tikamgarh.
Electricity board in Madhya Pradesh:
- Regulatory Commission - Madhya Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Generating Companies - Madhya Pradesh Power Generating Company Limited (MPGCL)
- Transmission Companies - Madhya Pradesh Power Transmission Corporation Limited (MPPTCL), Madhya Pradesh State Load Despatch Centre (MPSLDC)
- Distribution Companies - Madhya Pradesh Paschim Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited (MPPKVVCL), Madhya Pradesh Poorv Kshetra Vidyut Vitran Company Limited (MPPKVVC), Madhya Pradesh Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited (MPMKVVCL)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- 1 to 50 units = Rs.3.65 per unit
- 51 to 100 units = Rs.4.35 per unit
- 101 to 300 units = Rs.5.60 per unit
- 301 and above units = Rs.6.10 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Khajuraho Festival of Dance, Tansen Music Festival, Shivratri Mela, Pachmarhi, Navratri Festival, Ujjain, Chethiyagiri Vihara Festival, Sanchi, Madai, Dussehra/Vijay Dashmi, Diwali, Bahgoriya, The Fair of Nagaji, Nimar Utsav, Ameer Khan Festival, Dhrupad Samaroh, Malwa Utsava Ujjain and Indore, Shab-I-Barat, Krishna Janamashtmi are the major festivals celebrated in Tikamgarh district.
Bhutte ki Khees, Poha, Dal Bhafla, Jalebi, Khurma, Shrikhand, Malpua, Kophrapak, Roghan Josh, Korma, Seekh Kebab, Achari Gosht, Shami kebab, Saboodana ( Pearl Sago) Khichdi, Bhopali Paan, Chhola Burger, Garoda Chat, Mawa-bati, Gulab Jamuns are few of the many varieties of Tikamgarh.
Top tourist places in Tikamgarh:
Places of interest in Tikamgarh:
Laxmi Narayan Temple, Garhkundar Fort, Rani Mahal, Sunder Mahal, Rai Praveen Mahal, Janki Mandir Temple, Dauji Ki Haveli are the major tourist attractions of the district.
paddy, wheat, maize, jowar, gram, tur, urad, moong, soybean, groundnut, mustard, cotton and sugarcane are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Tikamgarh:
- Hotel Fort View,Lalitpur Road, Near Hanuman Chalisa, Tikamgarh, Madhya Pradesh 472001
- Hotel Infinity, T Mall, Tikamgarh, Madhya Pradesh 472001
- Hotel Apoorv,Infront of Collectrate,Jhansi Road, Tikamgarh(M.P.),India, Tikamgarh, Madhya Pradesh 472001
- Hotel maharaja and restaurants,MP SH 10, Tikamgarh, Madhya Pradesh 472001
Theatres in Tikamgarh district:
Tehsil in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|3||Bank Of Baroda||1|
|5||Central Bank Of India||2|
|7||ICICI Bank Limited||1|
|10||State Bank Of India||16|