Umaria district Information
Tehsils in Umaria district:
About Umaria district:
Umaria is a district in Madhya Pradesh state, India. The total area of the district is 4062 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 643579 living in houses, among them male population is 329527 and female population is 314052. Sex ratio of the district is 896 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 70.53%.
Umaria district vehicle registration code is MP 54. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Umaria.
Electricity board in Madhya Pradesh:
- Regulatory Commission - Madhya Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Generating Companies - Madhya Pradesh Power Generating Company Limited (MPGCL)
- Transmission Companies - Madhya Pradesh Power Transmission Corporation Limited (MPPTCL), Madhya Pradesh State Load Despatch Centre (MPSLDC)
- Distribution Companies - Madhya Pradesh Paschim Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited (MPPKVVCL), Madhya Pradesh Poorv Kshetra Vidyut Vitran Company Limited (MPPKVVC), Madhya Pradesh Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited (MPMKVVCL)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- 1 to 50 units = Rs.3.65 per unit
- 51 to 100 units = Rs.4.35 per unit
- 101 to 300 units = Rs.5.60 per unit
- 301 and above units = Rs.6.10 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Khajuraho Festival of Dance, Tansen Music Festival, Shivratri Mela, Pachmarhi, Navratri Festival, Ujjain, Chethiyagiri Vihara Festival, Sanchi, Madai, Dussehra/Vijay Dashmi, Diwali, Bahgoriya, The Fair of Nagaji, Nimar Utsav, Ameer Khan Festival, Dhrupad Samaroh, Malwa Utsava Ujjain and Indore, Shab-I-Barat, Krishna Janamashtmi are the major festivals celebrated in Umaria district.
Bhutte ki Khees, Poha, Dal Bhafla, Jalebi, Khurma, Shrikhand, Malpua, Kophrapak, Roghan Josh, Korma, Seekh Kebab, Achari Gosht, Shami kebab, Saboodana ( Pearl Sago) Khichdi, Bhopali Paan, Chhola Burger, Garoda Chat, Mawa-bati, Gulab Jamuns are few of the many varieties of Umaria.
Top tourist places in Umaria:
Places of interest in Umaria:
Bandhavgarh Fort, bandhavgarh national park, Bandhavgarh Hill, old shiv bhagwan temple, panpatha wildlife sanctuary, Barhi Lake, Ram Mandir, Sagra Mandir, Annapurna Mandir, sakambari devi mandir, Ram Mandir, Sai Mandir are the major tourist attractions of the district.
paddy, wheat, maize, jowar, gram, tur, urad, moong, soybean, groundnut, mustard, cotton and sugarcane are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Umaria:
- Hotel Bandhavgarh Palace,Station Rd, Umaria, Madhya Pradesh 484661
- Baghela Resort ,Bandhavgarh National Park, Tala, Umaria, Madhya Pradesh 484661
- THE SUN RESORT ,Near MPEB Office, District Umaria, Tala, Madhya Pradesh 484661
- Tree House Hideaway - Bandhavgarh National Park,Umaria-Badhavgarh Road, Village Tala, Bandhavgarh, Near Bandhavgarh Meadows,, Umaria, Madhya Pradesh 484661
Theatres in Umaria district:
Tehsil in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|2||Bank Of Baroda||1|
|4||Central Bank Of India||9|
|6||ICICI Bank Limited||2|
|8||State Bank Of India||11|
|10||Union Bank Of India||1|