Central district Information
Tehsils/Talukas in Central district:
Central district map:
About Central district:
Central is a district in NCT of Delhi state, India. The total area of the district is 25 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 578671 living in houses, among them male population is 305926 and female population is 272745. Sex ratio of the district is 892 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 85.14%.
Central district vehicle registration code is DL 06. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Central Delhi Central: Sarai Kale Khan.
Important Festivals of the district:
Bhai Dooj, Chhat, Christmas, Diwali, Durga Puja, Dussehra, Eid, Guru Nanak Jayanti, Holi, Janmashtami, Lohri, Muharram,Navaratri, Rakshabandhan, Mahashivaratri, Phoolwalon-ki-Sair, Garden Tourism Festival, Mango Festival, Qutub Festival are the major festivals celebrated in Central district.
Chole Bhature, Golgappe, Poori Aloo, Dahi Bhalle, Rolls, Kachori with Sabzi, Samose with Chole, Bishan Swaroop Chaat, Rabri Faluda, Paratha, Aloo Tikki, Multani Moth Kachori, Chole Kulche, Besan ka Chilla, Chana Zor Garam, Mutton Korma, Shammi Kabab, Shahjahani Korma, Halwa Papdi, Pista Samosa, Dal Makhni, Butter Chicken, Reshmi Kabab, Murgh Musallam, Kachaalu Chutney, Khasta Papdis, Butter Chicken, Nihari are few of the many varieties of Central.
Top tourist places in Central:
Places of interest in Central:
India Gate and Rajpath, Sansad Bhavan, Rashtrapati Bhavan, Connaught Place, Lodhi Gardens, Sikandar Lodi's tomb, Bara Gumbad, Shisha Gumbad, Purana Quila, Red Fort, Salimgarh Fort, Chandni Chowk, Safdarjung's Tomb, Qutub Minar, Tughlaqabad, Akshardham Temple, Laxminarayan Temple, Cathedral Church of Redemption, Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, ISKCON Temple, Jama Masjid, Lotus Temple, Kalka Ji Mandir, National Museum, National Rail Museum, Jantar Mantar, Nizamuddin Dargah, Raj Ghat, Shanti Vana, National Zoological Park are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Wheat, Barley, Bhajra, Maize, Jowar, Paddy, Gram, Potatoes, Sugarcane are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Central:
- Hotel Emperor Palms, 15 A-7, W.E.A., Opp. New Bloom School, Near Karol Bagh Metro Station, Karol Bagh, New Delhi, Delhi 110005
- Hotel Welcome Palace, 5/5 Desh Bandhu Gupta Road Near New Delhi Railway Station, Paharganj, NEW Delhi 110055
- Le ROI Delhi, No.2206, Near New Delhi Railway Station,, Rajguru Marg, Chuna Mandi, Paharganj, New Delhi, Delhi 110055
- Hotel Parkway Deluxe, 8591, Main Qutab Road, Near New Delhi Railway Station, Paharganj, New Delhi, Delhi 110055
- Hotel Delhi Continental, No. 8218-19, Arakashan Road, Street No. 6, Pahar Ganj, Near New Delhi Railway Station, New Delhi, Delhi 110055
Theatres in Central district:
Blocks/Mandals in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|1||The Delhi State Cooperative Bank Limited||3|