East district Information
Tehsils/Talukas in East district:
East district map:
About East district:
East is a district in NCT of Delhi state, India. The total area of the district is 440 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 1707725 living in houses, among them male population is 906721 and female population is 801004. Sex ratio of the district is 884 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 89.31%.
East district vehicle registration code is DL 07, DL 13. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in East Delhi East 1: Mayur Vihar,East Delhi II: Surajmal Vihar / Shahdara.
Important Festivals of the district:
Bhai Dooj, Chhat, Christmas, Diwali, Durga Puja, Dussehra, Eid, Guru Nanak Jayanti, Holi, Janmashtami, Lohri, Muharram,Navaratri, Rakshabandhan, Mahashivaratri, Phoolwalon-ki-Sair, Garden Tourism Festival, Mango Festival, Qutub Festival are the major festivals celebrated in East district.
Chole Bhature, Golgappe, Poori Aloo, Dahi Bhalle, Rolls, Kachori with Sabzi, Samose with Chole, Bishan Swaroop Chaat, Rabri Faluda, Paratha, Aloo Tikki, Multani Moth Kachori, Chole Kulche, Besan ka Chilla, Chana Zor Garam, Mutton Korma, Shammi Kabab, Shahjahani Korma, Halwa Papdi, Pista Samosa, Dal Makhni, Butter Chicken, Reshmi Kabab, Murgh Musallam, Kachaalu Chutney, Khasta Papdis, Butter Chicken, Nihari are few of the many varieties of East.
Top tourist places in East:
Places of interest in East:
India Gate and Rajpath, Sansad Bhavan, Rashtrapati Bhavan, Connaught Place, Lodhi Gardens, Sikandar Lodi's tomb, Bara Gumbad, Shisha Gumbad, Purana Quila, Red Fort, Salimgarh Fort, Chandni Chowk, Safdarjung's Tomb, Qutub Minar, Tughlaqabad, Akshardham Temple, Laxminarayan Temple, Cathedral Church of Redemption, Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, ISKCON Temple, Jama Masjid, Lotus Temple, Kalka Ji Mandir, National Museum, National Rail Museum, Jantar Mantar, Nizamuddin Dargah, Raj Ghat, Shanti Vana, National Zoological Park are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Wheat, Barley, Bhajra, Maize, Jowar, Paddy, Gram, Potatoes, Sugarcane are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in East:
- Ginger East Delhi, DDA Community Center, Vivek Vihar Police Station, Vivek Vihar, New Delhi, Delhi 110095
- The Golden Palms Hotel & Spa, C6, Opp. East Delhi Police Headquarter, Patparganj, New Delhi, Delhi 110092
- Red Fox Hotel, Mayur Vihar Phase - III, Plot No. 6, Community Center, Mayur Vihar Phase III, New Delhi, Delhi 110096
- JP Hotel and Resorts, 6B, Patparganj I.P Extension, NH-24, Behind CNG Petrol Pump, New Delhi, Delhi 110092
- Maharaja Residency and Banquet, B-20, 21, Laxmi Nagar, Opp. V3S Mall, Laxmi Nagar District Center, New Delhi, Delhi 110092
- Hotel Om International, C-15/219, Opposite Dist. Centre, Near V3S Mall, Near Guru Angad Nagar West, Laxmi Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi 110092
Theatres in East district:
Blocks/Mandals in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|1||Indian Overseas Bank||1|
|2||The Delhi State Cooperative Bank Limited||1|